Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Dude selling engine scared my grandma...

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 08:39 AM
Silkk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm done here now, thanks for the work entertainment, all of you.

EDIT: So I can post something "On-Topic" for all of you. Kid, don't take out credit card debt to build a motor...

Wow, has that been said yet?
Old 08-24-2007, 08:43 AM
rockinbboy

Well, you sound surprised on how your grandma reacted. This is what she is thinking when she hears "motor will blow".

Plus she is your grandma...she doesn't want you to get hurt if your engine blows 'cause in her head that is the image that is coming to mind.

edit: Well, whatever it is....don't waste your money getting into debt like that. Not a very smart move.

Last edited by rockinbboy; 08-24-2007 at 08:51 AM.
Old 08-24-2007, 09:01 AM
sbZenth

Originally Posted by Silkk
UPDATE!!

Left = sbZenth
Middle = ALloyd
Right = 4Shizzle
haha gotta admit that was a good one. i was half expecting it. man im bored at work too... i wish my grandma bought me engines though... hey ill ask her to buy me the fujita intakes that i want... haha.
Old 08-24-2007, 09:28 AM
Silkk

Originally Posted by sbZenth
haha gotta admit that was a good one. i was half expecting it. man im bored at work too... i wish my grandma bought me engines though... hey ill ask her to buy me the fujita intakes that i want... haha.
At least you were a good sport about it... We need more people that can let the jokes roll off their back like you... (yes, both pics I posted were simply poking fun jokes b/c I was on lunch break at work)

And on a serious note, I would definitely love if my grandmother bought me an engine and I'm 25 years old... Haha. I'm not so much bagging on the OP (and those who were supporting him) for that, as much as I am for taking out TWO credit cards and maxing them out to build an engine, just so he can have his turbos back, and blow it up again...

I personally think he should tear up the CC applications, sell the turbo, and buy bolt-ons until he can afford to have a highly tuned, single/twin turbo vehicle and afford to maintain it himself... Obviously boltons do not come close to the max-powwwwa of turbos, but at least they are reliable and you are faster than stock 350zs and most other vehicles. Heck, speaking for reliability, I have 102k on my 2003Z... proudly running all boltons only. I'll buy a built engine and turbo once this car is not my daily driver and when I have the extra $10-12k lying around to do it without debt.
Old 08-24-2007, 10:00 AM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate

Received 979 Likes on 742 Posts

Sikk, that was funny a chit! i rofled.
Old 08-24-2007, 10:47 AM
sbZenth

Originally Posted by Silkk
At least you were a good sport about it...
^ Yeah haha no reason to argue.

And besides, i like how the guy who started the thread hasnt said anything since the first post on page 2...