Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Megan Motor Mounts

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 07:10 PM
overZealous1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

now i see why i just got abunch of orders for solid motor mounts, lol. just ran across this thread.
i have run/built solid mounts for nearly every performance car i have owned. when the motor comes out, i build solid mounts. the clutch engagement and throttle inputs and decel. are extremely positive. like said above, the Z/G does not get hardly any noticeable gain in cabin vibration feel. i have done solids with V8's and other 6's, and the difference was huge in other cars, but for some reason not so much in this platform.
except for the first couple sets that we made, the mounts now come with large washers to use as spacers so you can shim the motor up to gain clearance with some turbo kits, or shim one side, which ever you chose. washers stack to about 1/4" high. so if space permits, run it lower than stock, but the option to run it as high as stock (or higher if more shims were added).
all hardware is grade 8 with a nylock nut, so backing off or completely loosening is out of the question.

this is not meant as an advertisement, as i am super busy already, but wanted to clear up a few things on the ones i have built.

no matter who's you get, if you are a performance minded driver, you WILL notice a difference when ya let the clutch out the first time and almost kill the motor from the loss of, well drivetrain loss, lol.
Old 12-27-2007, 07:21 PM
Quamen

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by overZealous1
now i see why i just got abunch of orders for solid motor mounts, lol. just ran across this thread.
i have run/built solid mounts for nearly every performance car i have owned. when the motor comes out, i build solid mounts. the clutch engagement and throttle inputs and decel. are extremely positive. like said above, the Z/G does not get hardly any noticeable gain in cabin vibration feel. i have done solids with V8's and other 6's, and the difference was huge in other cars, but for some reason not so much in this platform.
except for the first couple sets that we made, the mounts now come with large washers to use as spacers so you can shim the motor up to gain clearance with some turbo kits, or shim one side, which ever you chose. washers stack to about 1/4" high. so if space permits, run it lower than stock, but the option to run it as high as stock (or higher if more shims were added).
all hardware is grade 8 with a nylock nut, so backing off or completely loosening is out of the question.

this is not meant as an advertisement, as i am super busy already, but wanted to clear up a few things on the ones i have built.

no matter who's you get, if you are a performance minded driver, you WILL notice a difference when ya let the clutch out the first time and almost kill the motor from the loss of, well drivetrain loss, lol.
I fully agree!

In my opinion, for all those people who worry about an exhaust, intake or pulley set so they can feel a bit more power in the butt dyno are taking the wrong path. Solid motor mounts are a great way to further use the power that your engine is already making and will have amazing affects on the responsiveness of the throttle.
Old 02-27-2008, 10:24 AM
taurran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't get solid motor mounts if you like an OEM feeling car, especially with aftermarket cams and springs!!! My motor sounds LOUD with the aftermarket valvetrain telegraphing every noise through the engine frame. I'd trade back for stock mounts any day of the week if I could do it easily.
Old 02-27-2008, 11:17 AM
SpoilsofWar

Comparison pic between a stock mount and an SVRT mount, just cause I happened to take it a few weeks ago.

Old 02-27-2008, 06:03 PM
anotheraznguy

is it me or does the bolt going through the solid motor mount look bent?
Old 02-28-2008, 07:35 AM
SpoilsofWar

Its just an optical illusion. I assure you its quite straight.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:51 AM
rrmedicx

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I installed a set purchased from SVRT and they are awesome. I love the change in feel of the car. Very tight. much more in tune with feedback from the car, which some may not like, but I prefer.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:48 AM
gothchick

Originally Posted by anotheraznguy
is it me or does the bolt going through the solid motor mount look bent?
Good eye! Looks bent to me too...
Old 02-28-2008, 10:52 AM
BabyZiLLa

For anyone that's installed solid mounts. Do you actually have to remove anything or can you get away with just using a cherry picker to lift her a few inches then slide in the new mounts?
Old 02-28-2008, 10:55 AM
SpoilsofWar

Originally Posted by gothchick
Good eye! Looks bent to me too...
And again....

Originally Posted by SpoilsofWar
Its just an optical illusion. I assure you its quite straight.
Old 02-28-2008, 11:09 AM
Eazzy

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SpoilsofWar
And again....
And again.......

And Babyzilla ---this has been covered here earlier ---Cherry picker fine
Old 02-28-2008, 11:56 AM
BabyZiLLa

Originally Posted by Eazzy
And again.......

And Babyzilla ---this has been covered here earlier ---Cherry picker fine
My bad mate.. Cheers
Old 02-28-2008, 07:45 PM
BabyZiLLa

Also. How bout is the cabin noise with the solid mounts? Is Taurran Exadorating?
Old 02-28-2008, 07:55 PM
Eazzy

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by BabyZiLLa
Also. How bout is the cabin noise with the solid mounts? Is Taurran Exadorating?
You cant have perfomance and comfort I want performance ---I dont care if the car sounds like a rock crusher ---I want to trust it
Old 02-28-2008, 07:57 PM
BabyZiLLa

Originally Posted by Eazzy
You cant have perfomance and comfort I want performance ---I dont care if the car sounds like a rock crusher ---I want to trust it
You didn't answer my question. And yes you can.

Some people are saying it's not even noticeable. Taurran says its horrible..

My car has additional sound deadening. Weather it would help or not.
Old 02-28-2008, 08:06 PM
rrmedicx

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Maybe I need some more seat time, but the car really does not seem to be any more loud than before. Exception may be on start up and on shutting down. That is about all I can think of. Otherwise, its no different.
Old 02-28-2008, 08:13 PM
JETPILOT

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the SVRT engine mounts. I like everything about them. They do transmit vibration and noise into the car. But I have 565whp and my car is hardcore. I don't mind it but many people would. I love car noise. The SVRT comes with washers to keep the engine at stock height or lower it. I kept it at stock height. I love them. Dynamat would deinetly help.

JET
Old 02-28-2008, 08:35 PM
BabyZiLLa

Originally Posted by JETPILOT
I have the SVRT engine mounts. I like everything about them. They do transmit vibration and noise into the car. But I have 565whp and my car is hardcore. I don't mind it but many people would. I love car noise. The SVRT comes with washers to keep the engine at stock height or lower it. I kept it at stock height. I love them. Dynamat would deinetly help.

JET
haha yea that is kind of my point. Most you guys saying you don't notice the noise seem to be running monster engines. So yea over those you probably don't hear any difference..

Either way I'm going to give them a shot.. See how i like it.
Old 04-02-2008, 01:00 PM
OrthoDoc

trying to get motor mount for the gift. He has APS twin turbo kit with upgrade oil pan from APS(i think) on 350z. will SVR technology, injected performance or megan motor mount fit with this twin turbo kit?
will appreciate replies.
thanks.

Last edited by OrthoDoc; 04-02-2008 at 01:02 PM.