Old 10-07-2007, 06:44 PM
rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Front 2 cylinders are 1-2.

Old 10-07-2007, 06:49 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep and it's 5-6 that normally blow like I have been saying.
Old 10-07-2007, 06:51 PM
rookie

Stillen's like to blow cylinder 2 since it's the furthest away from the 7th injector, I have a buddy that destroyed cylinder 3 like the op.
Old 10-07-2007, 07:04 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

http://zchickz.com/forum/topic.asp?T...31&whichpage=4

Example, flow issues of the plenum cause 5-6 cylinders...

See topic.

EOD.
Old 10-07-2007, 07:24 PM
350zDCalb
Sponsor
builtZmotors

Hey Ryan,
I replied to your pm, keep us posted ...
unfortunately, when an engine encounters a catostrophic failure such as yours, the chances of having any salvageable parts are slim to none
BUT, we can help you out with the core charge

-TODD
Old 10-07-2007, 07:35 PM
zman1910

Originally Posted by SOLO-350Z
How does the fuel GET into the cylinder? By the airflow pushing it into that bank. Less airflow means less fuel being pushed into the mix. Fuel isn't dumped directly into the cylinder. It is carried by the air into that cylinder. So anyone who THINKS they are getting enough fuel is sadly mistaken.
You state this now but you stated this earlier....

No it's banks 5 and 6 that isn't getting enough air due to the stock intake manifold. The car supplies enough fuel per chamber, it's the air it's having trouble with. That is why 5-6 run so lean compared to the other chambers.
No one is doubting the fact that cylinders 5 and 6 aren't recieving enough air. Its been an issue for the longest time and we all know that by now.

Its your other explanations of running lean vs rich that have us stumped. I would suggest you read a little more into that before posting nonsense. If anything that is where people are doubting you...anyone can post what shops and others have told you but actually understanding it is another dimension..

EOD

Last edited by zman1910; 10-07-2007 at 07:38 PM.
Old 10-07-2007, 07:46 PM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate

Received 984 Likes on 747 Posts

^think you guys have it backwards.

cylinders 1-2 are the ones that get starved for air since the plenum slopes down towards the front and they are the farthest from the TB/air inlet. The angled spacers bring the plenum back to a even height and even flow. SEE this ad description:

http://www.alteredatmosphere.com/mm5..._Code=350Z_ENG

Solo, i feel youre back peddling with the 5-6 cylinders comment. IMO, i think you thought 5-6 were 1-2.

And before you go busting my *****, yes i installed my sc.

Ive installed:
injectors
aam plenum spacer (removed as well)
vortech sc
Ur crank pulley
test pipes 2x
exhaust swap from stock to mod to stock again
intake several times
fuel pump
full suspension swap including sways/camber arms
full nitrous setup

i wish i could do motor work tho, props to those that can

Regardless.........

Hope the op gets it back together! love to see you doing your own engine work. Im just to nervous because once its apart, ive got to put it back together again.

What about getting a prebuilt shortblock and swapping it? Prices dont seem to bad on those and since you do your own labor itll be much cheaper.
Old 10-07-2007, 07:58 PM
zman1910

Originally Posted by CUxtopher
^think you guys have it backwards.

cylinders 1-2 are the ones that get starved for air since the plenum slopes down towards the front and they are the farthest from the TB/air inlet. The angled spacers bring the plenum back to a even height and even flow. SEE this ad description:
Call it what you will as long as you understand its the front two cylinders...
Old 10-07-2007, 08:34 PM
Quamen

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok guys, stay on topic or start another thread about this topic.

Ryan, PM me if you need any help some weekend and I can drive down and help you.
Old 10-07-2007, 08:44 PM
Vash350Z

Installed and tuned myself, been running strong for a long time now.
We have actually been talking about the same cylinders just we were numbering them differently. Regardless you said that cylinders that are starved for air run lean....

Sorry to take the thread off topic, I just hate when people spew mis-information.
Really? And your the one that says it's 3-4 that are the problems when in reality its 5-6. Did you install your SC yourself or have a shop? Come to me when you do things yourself so you learn more about cars.

Also so your agreeing that you are saying all those people I mentioned above are wrong and your right?

Tell you what, think about how a engine WORKS for a minute then you might get it.

How does the fuel GET into the cylinder? By the airflow pushing it into that bank. Less airflow means less fuel being pushed into the mix. Fuel isn't dumped directly into the cylinder. It is carried by the air into that cylinder. So anyone who THINKS they are getting enough fuel is sadly mistaken.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:19 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Exactly they do run lean. If there isn;t enough AIR there isn't enough flow to mix the air/fuel into that cylinder. Less airflow, means less fuel. DUH!
Old 10-08-2007, 10:25 AM
Quamen

Exactly they do run lean. If there isn;t enough AIR there isn't enough flow to mix the air/fuel into that cylinder. Less airflow, means less fuel. DUH!
I'm sorry but this completely wrong. Less air through the MAF equals less fuel but less air to one individual cylinder compared to another due to manifold distribution is not accomadated for by the ECU which means that some run lean and some run rich.

The statement that airflow is needed to carry in fuel is correct but you are not taking note to the fact that an engine sucks in air and even without a turbo there will be airflow to pull fuel into the cylinders. When you boost a car this is even more amplified (assuming a laminar flow with minimal turbulance at the valve) and if one cylinder is recieving 5psi and another is recieving 1psi of boost there will be the same amount of fuel unless the injectors have been tuned individually for each bank.
Old 10-08-2007, 10:27 AM
Jay'Z
Banned

TGFQ..
Old 10-08-2007, 12:19 PM
MIAPLAYA

So just to be clear this was a T66 turbo used on the Turbonetics kit tuned using UTEC by GRD with 750cc injectors? Just trying to get an idea as to what exactly was in play here. I'm guessing this was D35010s old kit?
Old 10-08-2007, 12:24 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Originally Posted by Quamen
I'm sorry but this completely wrong. Less air through the MAF equals less fuel but less air to one individual cylinder compared to another due to manifold distribution is not accomadated for by the ECU which means that some run lean and some run rich.

The statement that airflow is needed to carry in fuel is correct but you are not taking note to the fact that an engine sucks in air and even without a turbo there will be airflow to pull fuel into the cylinders. When you boost a car this is even more amplified (assuming a laminar flow with minimal turbulance at the valve) and if one cylinder is recieving 5psi and another is recieving 1psi of boost there will be the same amount of fuel unless the injectors have been tuned individually for each bank.
Wrong. Unbelievable how some people think. I can't seem to explain it any better for everyone here.

Think of it this way. You have a FAN, then you have a mist of water spraying in front of the fan. The fan on low will spray less mist in your direction than it being on high. Same goes for that cylinder. Less airflow, means less fuel going into that cylinder. It isn't that hard to comprehend.

PS, learn to spell receiving better.
Old 10-08-2007, 12:53 PM
eltness350
The Untouchable

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
So just to be clear this was a T66 turbo used on the Turbonetics kit tuned using UTEC by GRD with 750cc injectors? Just trying to get an idea as to what exactly was in play here. I'm guessing this was D35010s old kit?

miaplaya u r correct this is dill's old kit...
u guys r hilairious and yea the block is toast....but there r a few vendors REALLY helpin in the $$ depot...i dont think i am gonna have to sell a kidney or my girls ring to fix this one...lol
Old 10-08-2007, 12:54 PM
eltness350
The Untouchable

Originally Posted by Quamen
Ok guys, stay on topic or start another thread about this topic.

Ryan, PM me if you need any help some weekend and I can drive down and help you.

quamen u can stop by whenever u want to see the BOOM!! let me know...talk some z talk and maybe i can convince ya to help me with some beers...it works for my other buddies...hehe
Old 10-08-2007, 11:20 PM
Quamen

quamen u can stop by whenever u want to see the BOOM!! let me know...talk some z talk and maybe i can convince ya to help me with some beers...it works for my other buddies...hehe
I'm actually going to be down that way quite a bit soon as I will be working in Racine.
Old 10-11-2007, 08:43 AM
eltness350
The Untouchable

sweet thats only like 15min from me..shoot me a pm if u wanna get together...
Old 10-11-2007, 11:29 AM
eltness350
The Untouchable

this is crazy...after all that damage...i just got back from the machine shop...EVRYTHING CAN BE REPAIRED!! this is nutz!! i need a hug asap!!

Quick Reply: Turbonetics Z after 2k went BOOM!! *PICS*