Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

runnin out of ideas..

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 06:44 PM
steppinrazor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default runnin out of ideas..

im no mechanic, im tryin to pick up **** as i go along but im far from knowin everything about puttin together a car...

so far i have a jwt pop charger, un pulley and kinetix v+ plenum (as posted below)

this week i plan on getting stillen headers, and a new exhaust later next month( not sure witch one yet)...

im not sure where i am supposed to go from there other than a turbo kit or something, and i really cant afford to drop 8,000 right now... so if you were in this position, and really tryin to get your car as fast as possible, what other mods would you make
Old 10-07-2007, 07:18 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM
Premier MemberSuper Moderator

Received 2,333 Likes on 1,681 Posts

Test pipes or HFC , scrap the header idea . UTEC and get your exhaust.
Old 10-07-2007, 08:48 PM
Zivman

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by ryano85
im no mechanic, im tryin to pick up **** as i go along but im far from knowin everything about puttin together a car...

so far i have a jwt pop charger, un pulley and kinetix v+ plenum (as posted below)

this week i plan on getting stillen headers, and a new exhaust later next month( not sure witch one yet)...

im not sure where i am supposed to go from there other than a turbo kit or something, and i really cant afford to drop 8,000 right now... so if you were in this position, and really tryin to get your car as fast as possible, what other mods would you make
unless you boost it, the only other option you have is nitrous. N/A mods are like pissing in the ocean. you are wasting your time and money unless you are happy with a parts list, a car that merely sounds faster, and an empty wallet
Old 10-08-2007, 12:41 AM
steppinrazor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

.... i could be wrong but i was under the impression that nitrous was an early death sentance for your car... also, i try to only race at the legals on the weekend, had my license droped for 2 years n dont want that again, i dont believe nitrous is allowed. besides that i want something more perminant
Old 10-08-2007, 05:53 AM
HondaKiller
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

.... i could be wrong but i was under the impression that nitrous was an early death sentance for your car... also, i try to only race at the legals on the weekend, had my license droped for 2 years n dont want that again, i dont believe nitrous is allowed. besides that i want something more perminant
indeed nitrous will have it's way with yoru engine eventually. BUT with a good tune and a plausable engine management, you wouldn't have problems unless you were spray happy all the time.

I'm coming near the bolt on mod path and everything people say is correct. My car does sound better, but faster? lol not likely, quicker might be the word... if it doesn't snap your head back it isn't fast in my book.
Old 10-08-2007, 06:58 AM
Zivman

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

As far as bolt ons, you are just throwing your money away. Nothing you will install on your car is going to make any significant or noticable difference. Not an intake, not an exhaust, not headers, not a plenum. You are might be ever so slightly faster, but really it will just leave you with an empty wallet, a car that sounds faster, and a mod list you can brag to your friends about - but in reality is worthless.

If you don't have the cash to boost it, spend the money on good wheels/tires, suspension and a good clutch setup