Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

//////fuel pump relay wires//////

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 02:58 PM
ALO8

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default //////fuel pump relay wires//////

anyone know which wire is the (+). i think i saw like four wires coming out of the pump. Also which way do they split, the black wire tube splits towards the center and towards the passangers side panel?
Attached Thumbnails //////fuel pump relay wires//////-img_7727.jpg   //////fuel pump relay wires//////-img_7729.jpg  
Old 11-06-2007, 08:24 AM
BabyZiLLa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey dude.. I got your PM. Sorry i never did work it out.. I'd still like to know whats what myself.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:06 PM
ALO8

anyone??
Old 11-06-2007, 10:18 PM
punish_her

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In the service manual in the Power Ground section on PG-14; power comming into the coil of the relay is black and red. The power leaving the relay is lavender and white.

In the future it may be benificial to you, when asking wiring questions, to include the color of the wires not just the "blake wire" tube. Since the power flows straight through there realy isnt a pos and neg per say. But it would be benificial to wire the relays in parallel and not in series. There is less of a current drop on the system.

Lastly, you may want to clarify your query a little. Are you trying to find the OEM fuel pump realy wires or are you trying to find wires so you can wire a secondary relay for an external fule pump?
Old 11-07-2007, 08:22 AM
ALO8

i didnt really get to see the colors of the wires, the only one i see is the black with yellow one, ill look at it later. im trying to find the wire that gives the oem fuel pump its power. ill look at the other colors there are when i get a chance.
Old 11-11-2007, 01:22 PM
ALO8

okay so there are 5 wires:
black/red
black/yellow
black
yellow
purple/white

So if i want to cut off the power before it reaches the relay, which wire do i cut?
Old 11-13-2007, 09:57 PM
ALO8

so I take it the black and red supplies the fuel pump with power right? the lavender and white is the power leaving the relay to where does it go?

Originally Posted by punish_her
In the service manual in the Power Ground section on PG-14; power comming into the coil of the relay is black and red. The power leaving the relay is lavender and white.

In the future it may be benificial to you, when asking wiring questions, to include the color of the wires not just the "blake wire" tube. Since the power flows straight through there realy isnt a pos and neg per say. But it would be benificial to wire the relays in parallel and not in series. There is less of a current drop on the system.

Lastly, you may want to clarify your query a little. Are you trying to find the OEM fuel pump realy wires or are you trying to find wires so you can wire a secondary relay for an external fule pump?
Old 11-16-2007, 02:20 PM
ALO8

anyone know which wire is the (+) for sure?
Old 11-16-2007, 09:21 PM
ALO8

what year manual are u looking at?

Originally Posted by punish_her