Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Nismo catback has arrived

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2003, 05:22 AM
Juztin

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

Does anyone know how I can just purchase that Y-pipe that comes w/ the nismo package without buy all of it??? I went my own route with exhaust and all I need is that Y-Pipe!!! . B.t.w., this may be a really dumb question, but I've stopped by a few Nissan dealerships here in colorado & none have Nismo parts at all.... Are only select dealerships getting in the goods at this time??? Thanks all!

L8te!
--Justin
Old 07-03-2003, 05:28 AM
Jeff@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Juztin
Does anyone know how I can just purchase that Y-pipe that comes w/ the nismo package without buy all of it??? I went my own route with exhaust and all I need is that Y-Pipe!!! . B.t.w., this may be a really dumb question, but I've stopped by a few Nissan dealerships here in colorado & none have Nismo parts at all.... Are only select dealerships getting in the goods at this time??? Thanks all!

L8te!
--Justin
Nismo parts are available to all dealers. Alot of them don't want to mess with it. High prices, low mark up and bad customer relations are just some of the problems when dealing with "accessories" from NMC. You want it now, I want it now, NMC sends it to me from a warehouse in Tenn when So.Cal. is more than likely the hottest selling market!! Alright, rant over. I will contact Nissan today on your behalf and see if I can get you a Y-Pipe. I'll PM you later today with progress. Jeff
Old 07-03-2003, 07:57 AM
Juztin

Thanks for your help Jeff, much appreciated! . Yeah if you can get a hold of that Y-Pipe only then I'll be more than interested in purchasing it! . Thanks again, have a good one!

--Justin
Old 07-03-2003, 08:25 AM
Jeff@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Thanks for your help Jeff, much appreciated! . Yeah if you can get a hold of that Y-Pipe only then I'll be more than interested in purchasing it! . Thanks again, have a good one!

--Justin

Just got off the phone with NMC. Sorry, the Y-pipe and I quote "Is not and will more than likely never be available separately". Sorry, I tried.
Old 07-03-2003, 08:52 AM
jetjammer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try contacting Paul @ Avalonracing.net . He has the JIC downpipe which will work for you. I spoke w/JIC Magic, they tell me that their "downpipe" is a Y-pipe for our exhaust systems.
Old 07-03-2003, 08:54 AM
Duflacci

well its installed.......now thats what a sports car should sound like...heres a few pics....it is cloudy today so pics are a little dark....it has a nice polished look though.....cost 1 hour labor at the dealer to install.....

Last edited by Duflacci; 07-03-2003 at 08:57 AM.
Old 07-03-2003, 09:03 AM
MaximumPwr

I don't know if Nismo is the best exhaust for our cars but it sure does look the best. Not sure if I want to spend $1000 for exhaust but I just might.
Old 07-03-2003, 09:03 AM
Jeff@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Always fun to have new toys!!
Old 07-03-2003, 10:18 AM
Juztin

No problem man, I'll end up with the Fujitsubo Y-Pipe, thanks for looking into it though man, much appreciated, take it easy Jeff!

L8te!
Justin
Old 07-03-2003, 10:19 AM
MaximumPwr

God I am such a sucker for good looking aftermarket parts. I just called my dealership and ordered it. Will take 3-4 business days to arrive. Still waiting on my Volk GT-7's to arrive. Unorthodox crank pulley is next. Someone pay my rent so I can just blow all my money on my car!!!! "Maximumpwr's 350Z Upgrade Fund"
Old 07-03-2003, 10:41 AM
TCL

Originally posted by Duflacci
well its installed.......now thats what a sports car should sound like...heres a few pics....it is cloudy today so pics are a little dark....it has a nice polished look though.....cost 1 hour labor at the dealer to install.....

[
Duflacci, looks good on a Redline. What's your impression of the sound at full throttle? I still haven't pegged it yet (been driving my commuter car in the rain this week).
Old 07-03-2003, 02:20 PM
jmark

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

TCL,

Are you going to do the NISMO S-Tune Suspension kit and sways too? Just curious. Read Droideka's (Brad) review on his car in the susp. forum. I think this will be my first mod followed by the NISMO exhaust and maybe the GT shift ****. Someone get a sound clip of the NISMO exhaust.
Old 07-03-2003, 02:28 PM
Duflacci

Originally posted by TCL
Duflacci, looks good on a Redline. What's your impression of the sound at full throttle? I still haven't pegged it yet (been driving my commuter car in the rain this week).
Took it on some twisty backwoods country roads today BTW its sunshine here...LOL....the sound is deep but not too annoying.....I kinda like winding it out to hear it....I was able to dround it out at 5 grand with the stock stereo......so all and all its a good sound.... not too obnoxious .....but it will get you noticed....it sounds like a sports car should should sound....I feel the power band move up just a little to but seems to have more range of power within the band....I like it.....
Old 07-03-2003, 03:35 PM
TCL

Originally posted by jmark
TCL,

Are you going to do the NISMO S-Tune Suspension kit and sways too? Just curious. Read Droideka's (Brad) review on his car in the susp. forum.
Definitely plan to get the NISMO sway bars. Will either get the S-tune shocks/springs or experiment and see whether a set of adjustable shocks will be a good match for the stock springs. Just read Brad's review and it's making lean towards the full NISMO set up. I'll wait until the fall to decide.
Old 07-03-2003, 04:18 PM
MY350Z.COM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No problem man, I'll end up with the Fujitsubo Y-Pipe, thanks for looking into it though man, much appreciated, take it easy Jeff!

L8te!
Justin
Fujitsubo Y-pipe = NISMO Y-pipe
Old 07-03-2003, 05:57 PM
EnthusiastZ

Are the tips on the Nismo exhaust noticeably larger than stock?
Old 07-03-2003, 06:55 PM
SirZaLot

Yeah, anyone know the size of the pipe and the tip????????
Old 07-03-2003, 08:25 PM
orhanz33

that's the nicest looking exhausts i've seen so far...but that's a lot of $ for looks + sound.....
Old 07-03-2003, 09:13 PM
brad25

just a dumb question, is it a dual exhaust? thanks brad.
Old 07-04-2003, 12:45 AM
wu350Z

very nice

Quick Reply: Nismo catback has arrived