Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

ENEOS OIL???? What do you guys think?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 08:59 PM
Jo@ShopJspec
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ENEOS OIL???? What do you guys think?

Hello All,

So like the title says what do you guys think about ENEOS OIL?

The reason why I am asking is because I am thinking of becoming and direct dealer with them. I have talked to them and many other people that are running the oil 0W-50 in their cars and everybody swears by it...EVEN JAPAN SWEARS BY IT!

This is basically a run down of the oil:

SPECIAL FEATURES
1. 100% Synthetic Gasoline Motor Oil
When high-output cars with large engine displacements are driven for long periods at high temperatures and heavy loads, they need the outstanding heat resistance and oxidation stability that only a synthetic motor oil can provide. Because ENEOS Motor Oil 0W50 is made from 100% synthetic oil, it has an ultra wide 0W-50 viscosity range that ensures superb starting performance even at cold winter temperatures as well as excellent oil film retention at hot summer temperatures and during high-speed driving at heavy engine loads.
2. Outstanding High-temperature Oxidation Stability and Coking Resistance
Because ENEOS Motor Oil 0W50 is made from a carefully designed blend of 100% synthetic base oils and optimized additives, its high-temperature oxidation stability is vastly superior to motor oils made from mineral base oils. ENEOS Motor Oil 0W50 also has outstanding coking resistance, an essential property for protecting turbo rotors that are operated at high temperatures and speeds.
3. Superior Drive-Train Wear Resistance and Excellent Cleanliness
ENEOS Motor Oil 0W50’s synthetic base allows it to maintain a strong oil film even at high temperatures, speeds, and loads. Its antiwear protection is particularly effective in the drive trains of overhead cam systems, where the lubrication conditions are especially severe. This motor oil also has superb thermal and oxidation stability, so it maintains excellent engine cleanliness by suppressing sludge formation, which can cause engine seizures and pump clogging.
4. Meets Latest API Standard
ENEOS Motor Oil 0W50’s outstanding performance is proven by its certification for the SM specification, the latest motor oil standard issued by the American Petroleum Institute.
APPLICATION
Motor oil for gasoline engines.
APPLICABLE VEHICLES
Sports cars with large displacements and high outputs, high-performance passenger cars, racing-specification cars, etc.
CONTAINERS
1USQ bottle

They also make tranny oil (AT/MT/CVT).

They have different grades of oil too:

0W20
0W50
5W20
5W30
5W40

Now as for me this friday I will be going over to precisionZ and we will be testing the oil against MOTUL, ROYAL PURPLE, and many other syth. oils. Also I will be doing a dyno test prior to putting the Eneos in one of my cars and after putting the oil in my car (after driving for about 300 miles). I hope maybe some of the info I come accross will help you guys out and make us an ENEOS dealer.

Give me your input as to what you think the ultimate out come will be?
Lets see who can guess which oil is best!

Joseph
Old 04-29-2008, 11:01 PM
Teufel
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Subscribing. Did you happen to read the 3249658659037609 posts by Resolute on the subject.

I would have it go against these top competitors

M1 0W-40
Castrol GERMAN 0w-30 (what I run)
RP 10W-30 (ehhh....)
Shaeffers 5W-30?

AMSOIL 10-30 FOR SURE
Old 04-29-2008, 11:05 PM
finalforce

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I just did an oil change and was thinking of running with this. I heard great things about it, it's just the price per quart ($8) is a bit too high. Quite a few people recommended Castrol synthetic which is only a dollar or so less but have recieve the exact same results. Great name to run on you car, I'd run it if I had extra $
Old 04-30-2008, 04:25 AM
Dr. Venture

I use Elf oil, which now switched to Total for cars and stuck with Elf for motorcycle's. EURO brand made.
5w-30 synthetic.
Old 04-30-2008, 09:13 AM
Jo@ShopJspec
Banned

Any one else have input on this?
Old 04-30-2008, 09:30 AM
sinister350z

All of JAPAN u say?
Old 04-30-2008, 09:38 AM
Jo@ShopJspec
Banned

Originally Posted by sinister350z
All of JAPAN u say?
lol all of Japan THEY say! lol
Old 04-30-2008, 10:56 AM
Dr. Venture

In america i'd say stick with what people recognize in the world like how children know camel JOE. .stick with MOBILE 1 for a shop.
Old 04-30-2008, 11:10 AM
Jo@ShopJspec
Banned

Originally Posted by Dr. Venture
In america i'd say stick with what people recognize in the world like how children know camel JOE. .stick with MOBILE 1 for a shop.
Now even after we test the Eneos vs the mobile 1 and others, would you still buy mobile 1 if eneos was proven better?
Old 04-30-2008, 02:19 PM
XxKwestxX

I'd be interested to see how this oil performs against its competitors. Specifically, the synthetic German Catrol 0w-30 which is what I am currently running.
Old 04-30-2008, 03:34 PM
BabyZiLLa

Your doing UOA testing correct? Cause Dyno testing oil is just retarded if you ask me. Any small +/- gain is WELL within the Dnyo's number variations.
Old 04-30-2008, 04:08 PM
Jo@ShopJspec
Banned

Originally Posted by BabyZiLLa
Your doing UOA testing correct? Cause Dyno testing oil is just retarded if you ask me. Any small +/- gain is WELL within the Dnyo's number variations.
We are doing the UOA testing and the dyno just to see if what they claim on the dyno is correct.
Old 04-30-2008, 04:40 PM
JETPILOT

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your not telling us anything about the oil. Is it a type 3/4/5? API certification? High in ZDDP? Moly? Everything posted above is straigth from the marketing department and I always ignore that since every manufacturers marketing department states the same thing.

What advantage does this oil have over anything else on the market?

Everyone is looking for the next fad in oil.

JET

Last edited by JETPILOT; 05-01-2008 at 12:19 AM.
Old 04-30-2008, 07:32 PM
eltness350
The Untouchable

how much?? and yes i would buy some!
Old 04-30-2008, 07:41 PM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

I used it and it showed very VERY poor results when I had the used oil analysis done on it. The results are posted in resolutes thread.
Old 04-30-2008, 07:42 PM
Jo@ShopJspec
Banned

Originally Posted by USN HM 350Z
I used it and it showed very VERY poor results when I had the used oil analysis done on it. The results are posted in resolutes thread.
Really??? Very very odd... We will see on friday what I come up with....
Old 04-30-2008, 07:43 PM
Jo@ShopJspec
Banned

Originally Posted by eltness350
how much?? and yes i would buy some!
I can get it right now but I will have better pricing if I become a dealer!
Old 04-30-2008, 07:55 PM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by Jo@ShopJspec
Really??? Very very odd... We will see on friday what I come up with....
did worst then Dino oil. This was in a NA VQ35DE. TBN of 2.1 is horrible
Name:  enoescopy.jpg
Views: 837
Size:  411.0 KB
Originally Posted by Resolute
The TBN is very low for what Eneos bills as a fully synthetic oil. They use PAO basestocks, but I'm not sure what they blend them with for a carrier oil. If the TBN is this low, I would guess it's a G3 oil. If they used a G5 Ester or AN base oil with their PAO, the TBN would certainly be higher for such a short oil change interval. The low TBN is really surprising to me.

Of course, the low TBN is explained when you consider the oil viscosity when new is 14 cSt, and it is now only 11.6 centistokes. This oil sheared down to a thin 40wt oil. (it could actually be considered a thick 30wt now) This suggests that the grade is achieved through the use of a lot of viscosity index improvers rather than high viscosity base stocks. I would guess their VII's aren't very good, either, since the oil sheared under so little mileage. The shearing and depletion of the VII's is what tends to form the bulk of the acids that accumulate in an oil and form sludge, which lowers the TBN value.

Your wear metals aren't bad, but you're right, your Valvoline looks better. Even if the lead wear is a particle streak (although I don't think so because it really isn't out of line with the copper wear) the rest of the wear metals fared no better than, or worse, than your previous fill for similar mileage.

Maybe some of their other blends will fair better if people test them, or maybe we'll have some other people run this weight so we can see an average result, but so far, this oil doesn't look to be worth the money by a long shot. As it's been said, expensive and boutique oils do not always mean a better product.

Will

Last edited by Mike Wazowski; 04-30-2008 at 07:57 PM.
Old 04-30-2008, 08:16 PM
Jo@ShopJspec
Banned

I will be testing the 0W-50 oil thats the oil that they recommend for our cars...

So I don't know I guess we will have to see...

The tests that you have posted are 5W-40... the high performance oil that Eneos recommends is the 0W-50.... which is alot diffent or at least should be different...

I will have all the tests posted on Friday night with possibly a video of me doing all the tests so you can see for yourselves that it was tested against some of the other oils out there...
Old 04-30-2008, 08:16 PM
Jo@ShopJspec
Banned

I will be testing the 0W-50 oil thats the oil that they recommend for our cars...

So I don't know I guess we will have to see...

The tests that you have posted are 5W-40... the high performance oil that Eneos recommends is the 0W-50.... which is alot diffent or at least should be different...

I will have all the tests posted on Friday night with possibly a video of me doing all the tests so you can see for yourselves that it was tested against some of the other oils out there...

Quick Reply: ENEOS OIL???? What do you guys think?