Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Car wen't dead! help please!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 06:35 AM
Bumble_Zee
FREEDOM FIGHTER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car wen't dead! help please!!!

I was driving out of my apt. about 10mph and all of a sudden i hit a tug, like i stalled or something and the car just went dead. I checked the hood, i check oil, oil is good, FAN IS ON(key position III) WIPERS TURNS ON ALSO WHEN I TURN THE KEYS...

-ECU is stock no EMS
-FAN IS ON
-car temp is 0 (around 50degrees outside)
-fan is constantly on when the key is on position 3
-gas is 3/4 full
-checked all fuses GOOD
-Battery has good power I can TRY STARTING BUT WON'T START
-No corrosion on the batter terminals
-all wires checked GOOD
-I have an ACTRON OBD 2 scanner it says LINK ERROR
-I tried disconnecting battery and electrical fuses if I can reset the ECU/something but it won't start.
-Please help my car is stuck 3 blocks from my house and it's friggin' embarrasing and frustrating

Thanks for looking/help gals/gents... (still searching for answer)

Last edited by Bumble_Zee; 04-25-2009 at 08:43 PM.
Old 05-30-2008, 06:54 AM
Bumble_Zee
FREEDOM FIGHTER

-i saw some thread about arming and disarming the car, but this didn't work for me.
Old 05-30-2008, 06:58 AM
Highway Riding

Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts

Did you run through water or something? Do u have a fancy hood with openings that may allow water to get into or near the MAF?
Old 05-30-2008, 07:08 AM
Bumble_Zee
FREEDOM FIGHTER

Originally Posted by Highway Riding
Did you run through water or something? Do u have a fancy hood with openings that may allow water to get into or near the MAF?
no sir, no water, no hood/bumper vents, I have a stock intake... the car ran for 3 blocks at 10mph then it jerked and it went dead! wiper turns on evertime i turn the key, the radiator fan is constantly on thanks for the help bro...

I will go to my car right now and try the OEM ALARM KEYS to see if that works... but if the immobilizer system is activated will the radiator fan also turns on? WTF????
Old 05-30-2008, 07:26 AM
HondaKiller
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the car just died it's probably your key immoblizer. If not that, crank sensor... could be a number of things.
Old 05-30-2008, 07:31 AM
Highway Riding

Originally Posted by Bumble_Zee
no sir, no water, no hood/bumper vents, I have a stock intake... the car ran for 3 blocks at 10mph then it jerked and it went dead! wiper turns on evertime i turn the key, the radiator fan is constantly on thanks for the help bro...

I will go to my car right now and try the OEM ALARM KEYS to see if that works... but if the immobilizer system is activated will the radiator fan also turns on? WTF????
Open up that stock intake and make sure u don't have something inside... that stock box can hold a squirrel.. not saying u have an animale in there but there could be something restricing air flow..
Old 05-30-2008, 07:33 AM
Bumble_Zee
FREEDOM FIGHTER

Originally Posted by HondaKiller
If the car just died it's probably your key immoblizer. If not that, crank sensor... could be a number of things.

I tried using a different key and using the OEM alarm remote to arm and disarm but that didn't work either. If it's the crank sensor is the problem, will the radiator fan be activated when turning the key to III position? if so how do i get by fixing this problem? thanks.

i've seen some IMMOBILIZER PROBLEM THREAD but they didn't mention about the radiator fan turning on on it's own...

Last edited by Bumble_Zee; 06-03-2008 at 10:07 PM.
Old 05-30-2008, 07:34 AM
App6MT

If the fans are on and the ignition doesn't start the car, it's a good sign the ECU does not have power or is dead.
Old 05-30-2008, 07:45 AM
Bumble_Zee
FREEDOM FIGHTER

Originally Posted by App6MT
If the fans are on and the ignition doesn't start the car, it's a good sign the ECU does not have power or is dead.
yeah, my OBD 2 scanner says link error... but why the ECU go out when I haven't tampered with it at all... car has 23k miles... I'm currently here in CANADA and I have heard that the STEALERSHIPS are not so friendly here.
Old 05-30-2008, 08:32 AM
Bumble_Zee
FREEDOM FIGHTER

so ok i went out there again, checked my air box (NO WATER/DIRT) check all connections 3 times (all good) i tried turning it on and DISENGAGED EBRAKE but the "BRAKE LIGHT" on the dash was still on? WTF???
Old 05-30-2008, 08:37 AM
Highway Riding

so ok i went out there again, checked my air box (NO WATER/DIRT) check all connections 3 times (all good) i tried turning it on and DISENGAGED EBRAKE but the "BRAKE LIGHT" on the dash was still on? WTF???
Dang man.. See if there's a bannana in the tailpipe... lol sorry had to man. But dang man it sounds like some sort of flood or damaged harness and or damaged MAF at that mileage with no mods it has to be something silly.
Old 05-30-2008, 08:38 AM
leemik
!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

what year is your car and how many miles do you have on it?
Old 05-30-2008, 09:15 AM
Bumble_Zee
FREEDOM FIGHTER

Originally Posted by leemik
what year is your car and how many miles do you have on it?
i have a 2005 base with 21k miles. Z's have the ECU's going out???
Old 05-30-2008, 12:00 PM
cheshirecat79

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i have a 2005 base with 21k miles. Z's have the ECU's going out???
It isn't unheard of. Tow it home, do an ECU reset (both using the keys/pedals and battery disconnect) and see if anything happens.
Old 05-30-2008, 04:05 PM
Bumble_Zee
FREEDOM FIGHTER

Originally Posted by cheshirecat79
It isn't unheard of. Tow it home, do an ECU reset (both using the keys/pedals and battery disconnect) and see if anything happens.
i tried PEDAL ECU RESET, DISCONNECTING BATTERY, and still the fan comes on BRAKE LIGHT and the damn car won't start. now if it's in the states this would be easy, but being here in canada all my options was turned down fhuk!!! my last resort is to get the key reprogrammed, and they only make them on weekdays and it's a fhukin' friday!. If this don't work i will trade this fukin' car in for another honda/toyota economy car.

Last edited by Bumble_Zee; 05-30-2008 at 04:07 PM.
Old 06-03-2008, 10:06 PM
Bumble_Zee
FREEDOM FIGHTER

so the FAT BASTARD at the dealership told me that they checked my car today. I got to the dealership at 0830, and they open at 0730, when I said "why my car didn't move an inch?" his response was "we did it right out of parking lot" WTF!!! I can tell he's lying!!! they were never friendly since i mentioned my car is "FROM THE STATES"

I tried connecting my OBD 2 Scanner but it still says "LINK ERROR" and the car still turns but is not firing... ANY UPDATE GUYS???
Old 06-03-2008, 10:23 PM
jeffie7

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What do you have done to your car? is it fully stock?
Old 06-04-2008, 02:05 AM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

If the wipers turn on even though the wiper switch is in the off position, it's probably a problem with your BCM (body control module) / ECU. I would consult with a 350z builder possibly GT motorsports over the phone.

If you could borrow someone's Cipher, that would help you narrow it down. If you cannot connect to any kind of OBDII scanner or Cipher, then it's probably a fuct ECU
Old 06-04-2008, 01:23 PM
Bumble_Zee
FREEDOM FIGHTER

Originally Posted by jeffie7
What do you have done to your car? is it fully stock?
I have these for upgrade:

-1/16 plenum spacer
-oil cooler with fan
-nismo catback exhaust
-HFC
-pioneer dvd/gps

WEST END NISSAN in Edmonton (where i'm at) just called me just right now, and they said, the 15amp fuse keeps poppin'???. I checked all fuses in the car when the vehicle was stuck and i didn't see a fuse that popped... So anyway, I will let you guys know the outcome later...

Last edited by Bumble_Zee; 06-04-2008 at 01:38 PM.
Old 06-05-2008, 05:36 PM
twitch579

Probably something ghetto rigged with the radio install. Whoever put in the radio probably wired something wrong and fried something somewhere in the cars wiring.

This is my guess, im a mechanic and the first place we look is where the car had been touched by the customer. 9 times out of 10 they usually screwed something up somewhere. I saw one guy that hooked up the radio wrong, fried the alternator somehow, then blew most of the fuses including the radiator fan....overheated the motor and needed a head job. Just like that **** happens.

Quick Reply: Car wen't dead! help please!!!