Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Another oil-related thread...

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 04:38 PM
jorge12887

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Z04
wow, that is really "accurate" measuring you did there. as for the car being driven, how do you think they got it out of the plant to the holding yard, then to the boat? it was driven.

but that is not the issue here. the issue is that you think there is something is wrong with yoru oil, but everythign you have described has been nothing but operator error (proper checking of level, thinking the oil pressure gauge has something to do with oil level, and your measurement of the oil that came out plus your stating of over filling it because you "thought" it was low when it was readign in the normal range). if you are that worried about it take it to a authorized nissan service department and let them work on it because obvioulsy you have no clue what you are doing.
dude obviously it was driven into the truck and into the warehouse, i'm not that dumb. Maybe it was driven 0.9 miles, it still said 0 miles. That's not a big deal. It was never taken for a test drive or something like that.
There is no operator error: yes, I overfilled it one time and it was a mistake. I've been changing the oil myself since I bought the car and didn't have any problem for four years. I just want to know what oil should I use in my temperature range. Your answer doesn't help at all.
Old 06-05-2008, 04:40 PM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jorge12887
dude obviously it was driven into the truck and into the warehouse, i'm not that dumb. Maybe it was driven 0.9 miles, it still said 0 miles. That's not a big deal. It was never taken for a test drive or something like that.
There is no operator error: yes, I overfilled it one time and it was a mistake. I've been changing the oil myself since I bought the car and didn't have any problem for four years. I just want to know what oil should I use in my temperature range. Your answer doesn't help at all.
That was answered in post number 5. now that your question was answered I will close this thread since you all ready know everything else.