2003z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default before/after Technos ECU dyno results

dyno's
Old 07-23-2003, 08:42 PM
raceboy
Banned

Looks like the difference would fall within the margin of error. You could then say that there actually was no difference.
Old 07-23-2003, 09:21 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hmmm, yeah, lemme run out and get a ECU that MIGHT help my car. that is as long as I keep it stock. any changes will negate any potential improvement. yeah....

think Ill skip this one, but thanks for the dyno test, someone had to do it. the waiting game continuous, but I aint scared, the RSX was slow to start too, now its becoming a force. just gotta give the aftermarket a little time, it took them years to design this car, cant expect them to redesign it in 6months.
Old 07-23-2003, 09:57 PM
little_rod

As the dynos are run, it is starting to separate the contenders from the pretenders. Thanks a whole lot for the dynos, 2003z. Man, I know the ECU has had a lot of mystery surrounding it, but it is becoming clear that it is hard to make any power anywhere in this engine. 5HP here, 10HP there, 7HP over there, and it probably all addes up to 11HP, lol.
Old 07-23-2003, 10:06 PM
MY350Z.COM

I don't think this would be a true test of the TechnoSquare ECU since it was dynoed with a custom exhaust (which made less horsepowr by itself). The custom exhaust affected the dyno obviously.
Old 07-23-2003, 11:23 PM
raceboy
Banned

Originally posted by Mike Wazowski
I don't think this would be a true test of the TechnoSquare ECU since it was dynoed with a custom exhaust (which made less horsepowr by itself). The custom exhaust affected the dyno obviously.
Yeah, but since the only thing that changed was the ECU, the relative difference would still be valid. I think that is the big problem with trying to make a "generotune" ECU. One size does not fit all.

See, TS, should have sold the ECU's at $300. At least they would have made some money before everyone found out they didn't do anything.
Old 07-23-2003, 11:29 PM
MY350Z.COM

Originally posted by raceboy
Yeah, but since the only thing that changed was the ECU, the relative difference would still be valid. I think that is the big problem with trying to make a "generotune" ECU. One size does not fit all.

See, TS, should have sold the ECU's at $300. At least they would have made some money before everyone found out they didn't do anything.
Nah, I believe they do good. I believe their dynos.
Old 07-24-2003, 12:08 AM
little_rod

Originally posted by Mike Wazowski
Nah, I believe they do good. I believe their dynos.
I guess the question that is begging to be asked is why should we believe their dynos over anyone else??? I mean, seems like every maker has come out with inflated HP ratings, and everyone has even said the rule of thumb is divide by 2, lol. Well, dividing 7HP by 2 is absolutely no fun and not worth the money.
Old 07-24-2003, 12:14 AM
ZON

I don't believe anyones biased dyno. I do believe $600 would be spent much better somewhere else. For example Crawfords plenum for 400 is far and away well worth it compared to this P.O.S. ECU flash. OMG! And this after all the countless posts from that ECU guy. Completely worthless & a waste of my time, IMHO.
Old 07-24-2003, 06:43 AM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Mike will be retesting with a stock exhaust... those A/F numbers are off the chart.. and should be smooth, not jagged like that at all.. does anyone else see that besides me? or is everyone on a death march to dispute my claims of power claim and jump on the band wagon w/o seeing it in person?

If you think this is a POS ECU flash, then you can be my guest and create another one.

Morgan Hill is close to Yuichi's shop. why dont you pay him a visit and ride in his car to feel the ECU.

Originally posted by throbbing_Zon
I don't believe anyones biased dyno. I do believe $600 would be spent much better somewhere else. For example Crawfords plenum for 400 is far and away well worth it compared to this P.O.S. ECU flash. OMG! And this after all the countless posts from that ECU guy. Completely worthless & a waste of my time, IMHO.
Old 07-24-2003, 06:51 AM
Ricky
Banned

Default Chebosto..

Chebosto, if it helps your case at all, I totally believe it's worth every penny. I rode in a car with one done, and it was just amazing. That's extra 5-7rwhp just grips you in the seat and doesn't let go untill 6,400-6,500rpms. Soon as I get back form atlanta, I'm ALL over this mod. Plus, with his air-fuel ratio not being tuned, he lost a lot of power. The ideal, if I remember correctly is 13. Soon as he fixed that, he'll have atleast 4-5rwhp more.
Old 07-24-2003, 06:51 AM
barnicleboy
Banned

Originally posted by raceboy
Looks like the difference would fall within the margin of error. You could then say that there actually was no difference.
This is so absurd.

Charge 595 dollars for a rinky dink lean out of the a/f. This increase your chances of detonation and reduce your 34k car engine durability. The detonation is already occuring and people are noticing it, but NOOO, its ok, it goes away.

Detonation destroys your engine in about .095 seconds. I bet my car that when you change the oil, youll find pieces of metal in the oil filter and pan. No doubt.

Oh no, but throw in an increased redline to make it worth it, now you can have the cams fly apart due to the increased redline. Bu tthats not all, remove the speed limiter, so that the Z's aerodynamics can lift the car up in the air when your doing 165.

Z heads cannot handle anything above 7000 or they will fall apart slowly gauranteed. This is not a Honda s2000 head folks!

Now the proof is in the pudding, the gains fall within a margin of error. OMG. and they still insist on NOT giving us a group buy discount.

like I said before, the only thing youll loose is your engine, wallet, and a beautifull vehicle.
Old 07-24-2003, 07:02 AM
barnicleboy
Banned

Default Re: Chebosto..

Originally posted by Ricky
Chebosto, if it helps your case at all, I totally believe it's worth every penny. I rode in a car with one done, and it was just amazing. That's extra 5-7rwhp just grips you in the seat and doesn't let go untill 6,400-6,500rpms. Soon as I get back form atlanta, I'm ALL over this mod. Plus, with his air-fuel ratio not being tuned, he lost a lot of power. The ideal, if I remember correctly is 13. Soon as he fixed that, he'll have atleast 4-5rwhp more.
Sorry dude, the dyno has spoken.
Old 07-24-2003, 07:05 AM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

Default Re: Re: Chebosto..

You know whats interesting? its not about what all the other customers and people that say its great and it pulls like a ****, its only when there is one negative comment does everyone have the ***** and start calling it crap or POS or stuff like that... people dont remember the good stuff. only the things they can refute.

the engine can handle up to 7300 rpms before it becomes critical. raising the rev limiter will prevent you from the fuel cut off.. which is more abrupt than revving past 7000..
Old 07-24-2003, 07:11 AM
itzGman

Default i wanna believe

we need more ppl to do before/after ecu dinos
Old 07-24-2003, 07:18 AM
barnicleboy
Banned

Default Re: Re: Re: Chebosto..

Originally posted by Chebosto
You know whats interesting? its not about what all the other customers and people that say its great and it pulls like a ****, its only when there is one negative comment does everyone have the ***** and start calling it crap or POS or stuff like that... people dont remember the good stuff. only the things they can refute.

the engine can handle up to 7300 rpms before it becomes critical. raising the rev limiter will prevent you from the fuel cut off.. which is more abrupt than revving past 7000..
You said 7400rpm before, now its 7300. is that instant failure? Or prolonged failure? Was r&d done on the heads and its capability to withstand those rotational speeds? As well as the connecting rods which are not titanium, and the bearings? If you didnt do that testing, then your basing your info on the wind. I know they will fail, nissan didnt make them that good, these are not ferrari heads, or bmw heads.
Old 07-24-2003, 07:23 AM
barnicleboy
Banned

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Chebosto..

Originally posted by barnicleboy
You said 7400rpm before, now its 7300. is that instant failure? Or prolonged failure? Was r&d done on the heads and its capability to withstand those rotational speeds? As well as the connecting rods which are not titanium, and the bearings? If you didnt do that testing, then your basing your info on the wind. I know they will fail, nissan didnt make them that good, these are not ferrari heads, or bmw heads.
I dont mean to be a *****, but I want my fellow z owners to be cautious and everyone to understand that you cant just accept what is fed to you. Everything should be backed and proved, and my perspective from the technical data that was provided, and what was done, its not worth the costs, and you teetered on the brink destruction. No true R&D was done here, because you did not blow up a head, and you developed it in 3 months. You did not consider prolonged effect and you did not wearrant anything. Smart for you, bad for the consumer.

And to top it off the priceing is way out of line.
Old 07-24-2003, 07:27 AM
jesseenglish

I have been very underwhelmed by the cost/hp gains of this ECU flash, BUT one bad dyno with a crappy exhaust doesn't mean jack. Obviously there needs to be more people dynoing this ECU flash with mods that actually might help.

I put no faith in "butt dynos" because the mind is odd in that we try to justify paying $595 for something by saying it helped. I swear when I used to wash my old 300zx I'd gain HP, but in reality I know it's bull. Plus some cars are just better performers off the factory floor. So me driving someone elses car with the flash won't tell me anything.
Old 07-24-2003, 07:33 AM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Chebosto..

You want me to blow my engine, so i can prove to you that a 7100 rpm redline is adequately safe?

the 7300-7400 limit was told to us by Nissan.

R&D was done to provide the customer with a safe and reliable product that increases the performance of an already good performing car. Yes we did take in consideration prolonged effect, but are you the driver going to be driving the car at 7100 everywhere you go? thats only on ocassions where you will be prolongng the shift, no one is going to drive in 2nd gear down the street at 7100 bouncing off the rev limiter, are you?

i can understand your concerns, but the cam rods will start stretching with prolonged revs past 7300 rpms and that is when you will get systematic engine failure.

hitting rev limiter to activate a fuel starvation is definately more damaging than revving past 7k once in a while.. and also just because its set at 7100 doesnt mean you have to go all the way up there anyway. its for those occassions when you forget to shift faster. its an extra buffer zone. you're supposed to shift before 6600 anyway since the power curve is already on the way down.

as far as pricing goes, we've been over this before.

the price includes warranty and customer support, something companies dont have any more. why? because Technos would rather sell less computers at a cheaper price, and be able to take care of its customers whenever they need help or assistance. I dont know about you, but i've seen companies punch out loads of crap products at cheap prices, but never follow up or care about the customers. Price is set at market value.

i, as well, care about the forum enthusiasts just like the next guy. why do you think i would sacrifice my time and my effort, if i was some joe trying to pull a fast one? thats not who i am. nor should anyone think that. I am a person that wants stuff done, so i get out and do it my self. i would rather be the person to bring in new products rather than be the person sitting at home whining about all the crap stuff out there. if you feel my time has been wasted, then do something about it and quit whining. everyone has a choice on which mods to get. i just choose to develop and assist the products i want to see.. i wish everyone was like this so there would be more products to choose from.

Originally posted by barnicleboy
I dont mean to be a *****, but I want my fellow z owners to be cautious and everyone to understand that you cant just accept what is fed to you. Everything should be backed and proved, and my perspective from the technical data that was provided, and what was done, its not worth the costs, and you teetered on the brink destruction. No true R&D was done here, because you did not blow up a head, and you developed it in 3 months. You did not consider prolonged effect and you did not wearrant anything. Smart for you, bad for the consumer.

And to top it off the priceing is way out of line.

Last edited by Chebosto; 07-24-2003 at 07:40 AM.
Old 07-24-2003, 08:04 AM
2003z

Don't blame the ecu, or maybe not even my crappy exhaust at this point, Looking through the data from dyno number 1 when I was bone stock, my a/f ratio has ALWAYS been around 14.5:1. I'm gonna have the dyno shop look at some of the other cars they have dyno'd to see what range they are in. Something funny may be going on in my engine, at this point I don't know.

Quick Reply: before/after Technos ECU dyno results