am going to V8 my 350z

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 01:39 AM
donito

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default am going to V8 my 350z

hi guy's

am from kuwait and i got my new engine for the 350z it's LS1

but am needing help abut the two problems so hope you can help me abut the ECU what i shod do and abut the gear do i most use a Camaro or trans am gear or i can use the 350z gear and what i shod to do ?

so please help me guy's because am really interesting abut this

am waiting for the comments
Old 08-06-2008, 03:31 AM
Machupo

when you say "gear" do you mean transmission or rear-end differential?
Old 08-06-2008, 11:16 AM
R-TuneZ

why dont you pm the other member on this board that did a LS2 install? its on the first page of the forum right now... i assume it is very similar and at least he will be able to give you some guidance.
Old 08-07-2008, 08:02 AM
SC 350Z

so what your saying is you want an LS engine in your car? well like stated above noahs is a great example,www.hinsonsupercars.com
did the build all the parts are there look to spend 5k on things just to fit the engine in your car and another 6500 for an engine and tranny becasue the nissan tranny will not work, you have to use the GMtranny wiring harness,ECU GL.
yet another v8 in a 350z i think im going to sell the parts i have so far and go another route becasue seems everyone thinks its easy as s$#t
Old 08-08-2008, 07:44 AM
SnyperZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let me know if you need any help. Ive owned 2 LS1 Tas and I now own/built a 93 RX7 that I swapped an LS6 into using pretty basic hand tools with my hairdresser girlfriends help. I can help with any questions on what to and what not to buy. Brian Hinson is a great guy to deal with when going through this. And SC 350z..it really isnt that bad.
Old 08-08-2008, 08:21 AM
daryl.blas

I still don't understand why people do this. Correct me if I'm wrong, but, if you really wanted a V8. You should have bought one. And, putting a Chevy engine in a NISSAN is kinda oxymoron-ish. Don't flame me. Just my 2 cents. Oh man.. This world.
Old 08-08-2008, 08:24 AM
OldDirty Z33

I agree with you 100%^ hybrid swaps like this is lame but if it tickles your pickle then I would rather do a VK or RB swap if you don't want the VQ any more
Old 08-08-2008, 08:44 AM
HDPDZO6

Originally Posted by OldDirty Z33
I agree with you 100%^ hybrid swaps like this is lame but if it tickles your pickle then I would rather do a VK or RB swap if you don't want the VQ any more
He probably wants to save weight instead of using the 2 you listed.
Old 08-08-2008, 09:06 AM
daryl.blas

Originally Posted by HDPD350Z
My advice: Go buy a V8. It's a lot less complicated.
Old 08-08-2008, 09:12 AM
SnyperZ

Well, how about you race my LS6 RX7...we will see how lame it is..(around corners or in a straight line) My car is 2,619lbs -driver(with the big ol' V8) and is about 150lbs lighter in the front of the car now.
Old 08-08-2008, 09:13 AM
SnyperZ

Originally Posted by daryl.blas
I still don't understand why people do this. Correct me if I'm wrong, but, if you really wanted a V8. You should have bought one. And, putting a Chevy engine in a NISSAN is kinda oxymoron-ish. Don't flame me. Just my 2 cents. Oh man.. This world.

That makes no sense. What if he hates the looks of all V8s? Its like having the best of both worlds..he will have the power of a V8 and the looks of the car he wants..
Old 08-08-2008, 09:15 AM
OldDirty Z33

true... Damb I needed you in this other thread. I was backing up GM's *** for being one of the best company's out there and I got bashed for saying that haha
Old 08-08-2008, 09:26 AM
OldDirty Z33

Originally Posted by SnyperZ
Well, how about you race my LS6 RX7...we will see how lame it is..(around corners or in a straight line) My car is 2,619lbs -driver(with the big ol' V8) and is about 150lbs lighter in the front of the car now.
??? I still say its lame. You might beat me but that doesn't change the fact that you have a different name of engine in a Mazda. This is just imho. I would never do this just a waist of money, time, effor,t and you are basically saying " hey i drive a RX7 but it has a shitty engine in it so I swapped it with a real one a V8!!!" Yeaaaa bra good job...... NOT. Just like a 2jz in a S2K ..Why?? Just buy a supra. Im going to buy a bike and try to make a skateboard out of it because I like both...
Old 08-08-2008, 10:38 AM
HDPDZO6

??? I still say its lame. You might beat me but that doesn't change the fact that you have a different name of engine in a Mazda. This is just imho. I would never do this just a waist of money, time, effor,t and you are basically saying " hey i drive a RX7 but it has a shitty engine in it so I swapped it with a real one a V8!!!" Yeaaaa bra good job...... NOT. Just like a 2jz in a S2K ..Why?? Just buy a supra. Im going to buy a bike and try to make a skateboard out of it because I like both...
But you suggested a VK or RB motor in it. Isn't that saying "hey i drive a 350Z but it has a shitty engine in it so I swapped it with an real one, a inline 6 or V8!"

Also, just read your profile... You list an S2K antenna for your car... Ahem...

Last edited by HDPDZO6; 08-08-2008 at 10:42 AM.
Old 08-08-2008, 10:48 AM
JCSVT

Also, just read your profile... You list an S2K antenna for your car... Ahem...
Damn....
Old 08-08-2008, 11:02 AM
SnyperZ

lol..your one of those idiots with no real experience huh? Please give me reasons on why swapping an unreliable piece of **** 1.2L paper weight with an engine thats bigger, stronger, LIGHTER,more reliable and actually makes torque....please I have to hear this. Unless you have any useful information your best bet would be not to post and make yourself look dumb. Lets see..since swapping the motor..my car:
-Handles a little better(its much lighter up front)
- Has Better gas mileage
- is Reliable(i wouldnt say MORE cuz the rotary isnt reliable at all)
-Makes Torque
- is LESS expensive(when you factor in maintenance and mods)..1000$ will get you 400 EXTREMELY reliable whp with an LS1..how much to do the same with a rotary?..hmm
-Has a MUCH stronger Transmission(t56 6 speed)
....the list goes on if youd like I can continue..but please..share your cons on what makes this a bad swap...I gotta hear this
Old 08-08-2008, 11:12 AM
go-fast
Banned

so by your logic carrol shelby's cobra cars are lame?afterall it's a hybrid.oh yeah...pantera's must be lame too.there are plenty more,but my point is made.

Last edited by go-fast; 08-08-2008 at 11:14 AM.
Old 08-08-2008, 11:24 AM
OldDirty Z33

I could care less what all of you say.. I think its lame and i stated (IMO) You guys cant change my mind. Also I would not swap an engine into something that's its not supposed to be in. not even a Honda to make it "JDM". It come's how it come's and end of story. this is just how I think. I'm stating engine's and rims also not little accessory like a stupid antenna.
Old 08-08-2008, 11:26 AM
OldDirty Z33

Originally Posted by go-fast
so by your logic carrol shelby's cobra cars are lame?afterall it's a hybrid.oh yeah...pantera's must be lame too.there are plenty more,but my point is made.
Its still a mustang. Thats a totally different category! He was working for ford. same goes for the pantrera. If im correct pantera is an Italian company that merged with ford to come out with a different car
Old 08-08-2008, 11:28 AM
OldDirty Z33

Originally Posted by SnyperZ
lol..your one of those idiots with no real experience huh? Please give me reasons on why swapping an unreliable piece of **** 1.2L paper weight with an engine thats bigger, stronger, LIGHTER,more reliable and actually makes torque....please I have to hear this. Unless you have any useful information your best bet would be not to post and make yourself look dumb. Lets see..since swapping the motor..my car:
-Handles a little better(its much lighter up front)
- Has Better gas mileage
- is Reliable(i wouldnt say MORE cuz the rotary isnt reliable at all)
-Makes Torque
- is LESS expensive(when you factor in maintenance and mods)..1000$ will get you 400 EXTREMELY reliable whp with an LS1..how much to do the same with a rotary?..hmm
-Has a MUCH stronger Transmission(t56 6 speed)
....the list goes on if youd like I can continue..but please..share your cons on what makes this a bad swap...I gotta hear this

^worded with ford***

Blablablabla you make no scene.

Quick Reply: am going to V8 my 350z