Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

swapping / replacing engine - a checklist?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 09:44 AM
dmoffitt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default swapping / replacing engine - a checklist?

OK so long story short my local dealer, Dorschel Nissan of Rochester NY is "sponsoring" my race efforts (going to be doing NASA PT / TT) and is helping me by swapping my blown engine out for the one I picked up from an SCCA T2 race team (not sure if they want attention but needless to say, great guys!).

So anyhow I asked the dealer to thoroughly check over both everything in/on my car as well as the engine but they ARE "just" a dealer, used to standard / factory parts and not the extreme level of detail needed to prep a race car. I told them to do the water pump and replace all of the accessory belts and to check/replace any sensors that came off my engine, as well as to thoroughly flush out and clean my oil cooler and lines to prevent any debris or blockage etc that resulted from the failure from damaging the new engine. Last but not least they're putting on the Rev-Up "lower air collector" or whatever it was called that differs from the 03 DE to that engine as the one I got has the RevUp cams (so that meant we're replacing all of the intake related gaskets).

So other than giving them a box of redline oil and some Water Wetter, is there anything ELSE that I should be telling them to do while we're at it??

EDIT: cross posted this in the racing/autox forum https://my350z.com/forum/autocross-r...ml#post6177569
Old 08-18-2008, 06:43 PM
dmoffitt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nobody / nothing to add?

well, lack-of-input aside, its getting there, old engine is out, stuff is being / has been swapped over, new one should be in Wed: