Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Jesus Christ my transmissino sucks ass balls

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 06:09 AM
kihun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jesus Christ my transmissino sucks *** *****

This is my second year of owning my 2003 350z Track Edition. I bought the car with extended warranty that covers all external and internal parts of transmission, but the dealership that I have to take it is Volkswagen dealership and it's 30miles away from where I reside so it's pain in the ***. I asked my extended warranty company to take my car to local Nissan dealership but contract states that I have to take it to Volkswagen dealership in NJ because that's where vehicle was purchased unless I reside 40 miles away from it but I'm only 30 miles away.. GRR So..

I'm sure everyone drives variety of different ways but I like to shift into gear fast before my rpm drops so my car won't jerk. I had 6 different cars with manual transmission so it's obviously not my driving skill. When I am just driving normally without hitting on red line, I usually shift gear around 2500rpm-3500rpm on normal basis and it grinds almost all the time when I shift into third gear from second gear fast so to avoid grinding gear, I shift extra slow and with care. I been looking at issues with 350z and I see many of you guys replaced transmission to the newer model 009 transmission and that's what I want to do so here I am asking question.

People who already replaced transmission at the dealerships, how do technicians diagnose the car? Obviously I am going to drop off my car at the Volkswagen dealership and they said most likely my car will be transferred over to Nissan dealership who can handle my transmission problem. (30 ****ing miles away) Like I said, third gear grind issue only happens when I am shifting fast into third gear in low rpm and I saw threads about techs can't find out problems until we actually show them how it happens. Do they actually drive my car and test this out or do they open up my transmission and figure out my syncro are bad? I have about 20k miles left until my extended warranty expires and I need to get this done while I have spare car to drive around with. I made this thread so I can prepare what I am going to say and i don't want to end up traveling double amount of times to replace my transmission. I wouldn't even make this thread if I could handle this issue with my local Nissan dealership but freak.. Volkswagen??

Last edited by kihun; 11-10-2008 at 06:21 AM.
Old 11-10-2008, 07:03 AM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

Well, i have no idea with nissan. But when i had the rsx, i had big time tranny problem. Most of dealer, they test drive it first. My acura dealer, test drove it with me. And they said no problem, but they will open a tranny and look it out for me. Plus they gave me free rent a car, and they did replaced my tranny two times without asking questions. Thank god i don't have to deal with nissan. Sorry to hear bro, hope everything work out well.
Old 11-10-2008, 11:43 AM
BiGGD198

you shouldnt have a problem with nissan unless they wana be real a-holes about it. since the synchos are a huge issue in our trannys, and your under warranty, you shouldnt have to worry. if they give you a hard time...contact NNA....i cant find the number at the moment...i believe i have it at home somewhere, but im sure someone here will post it if they have it on them.

Basically, you call that number, tell them the dealership your car is serviced at...your problem and what the service tech told you....and you will receive a phone call within a couple of hours telling you your car is taken care of and thank you for choosing a nissan....haha
Old 11-10-2008, 12:17 PM
jray8

you named your transmission "jesus christ", j/k, usually they take it apart for free and charge you for putting it back together+new parts after the diagnosis, good luck
Old 11-10-2008, 12:32 PM
JCat
---------------
Premier Member

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

I'm on my 5th tranny.

At different speeds, push and hold the clutch down. Then, with the clutch down the whole time, shift between different gears.

You might notice that at certain speeds, you will hear a grind . . . or that it will be very difficult to shift into a certain gear.

Worked every time for me when I took it to the dealer.
Old 11-14-2008, 12:09 PM
kihun

So I took it to the dealership where I purchased my vehicle and they have diagnosed the car and total came out to 2500 dollar. They called my first extended warranty and since it's ridiculously amount of money, a senior adjuster has to approve it. I hope everything goes well =)
Old 11-20-2008, 08:20 PM
kihun

my transmission is there so I'm putting my car at a dealership tomorrow.. yeaaaaaaaaaaa.........
Old 11-24-2008, 08:04 AM
Bevo

Originally Posted by kihun
my transmission is there so I'm putting my car at a dealership tomorrow.. yeaaaaaaaaaaa.........
Good luck with the new tranny.
Old 11-24-2008, 11:25 PM
sukebe

Sorry about your tranny probs, but I just had to say that this thread has the best title in the history of titles. "Jesus Christ, ___________ sucks *** *****!" is going to be my new refrain. Thank you
Old 11-25-2008, 12:11 AM
wannabuy350z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you have the CD008 tranny, and it needs to be replaced. your syncro is going out and wont last long. Look for a CD009 tranny
Old 11-25-2008, 04:50 AM
Vas@Extended
Vendor - Former Vendor

LOL at the title.. idk I just found it funny
Old 11-25-2008, 05:48 AM
exZilaration

Yeah man I own a 2005 35TH Anniversary Z and I have had the same problem. Coincedentally it happened this past weekend. I took it to my nearest Nissan dealership and they ran the diagnostics on it. They said my tranny was BURNT thanks to the lovely people who owned it prior to me! And my dealership says it will take about 2 months to fit me in. But I still have the 5year/60,000 mile warranty so Im straight. The sad thing is that i only owned my Z for a year and i had to change my rear bearings, tranny, rear brembo calipers (seized) so be prepared if you havent already changed your bearings (2003-2005) and my list goes on. But I agree the tranny sucks ***** but nevertheless still a great car.
Old 11-25-2008, 06:03 AM
kacz07

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Just got an 009 from Acme nissan this past week. Dunno if it fixed much, but my claim was that it grinds at low rpms when downshifting from 6th to 5th and when upshifting from 4th to 5th. Nissan's master tech approved it.
Old 11-25-2008, 06:17 AM
Vas@Extended
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by exZilaration
Yeah man I own a 2005 35TH Anniversary Z and I have had the same problem. Coincedentally it happened this past weekend. I took it to my nearest Nissan dealership and they ran the diagnostics on it. They said my tranny was BURNT thanks to the lovely people who owned it prior to me! And my dealership says it will take about 2 months to fit me in. But I still have the 5year/60,000 mile warranty so Im straight. The sad thing is that i only owned my Z for a year and i had to change my rear bearings, tranny, rear brembo calipers (seized) so be prepared if you havent already changed your bearings (2003-2005) and my list goes on. But I agree the tranny sucks ***** but nevertheless still a great car.
2 months?? .. find another dealer asap.

I was without a car for only a day.
Old 11-26-2008, 03:45 PM
kihun

Ok here is little update.

I'm glad you guys liked my title. back to my tranny problem. They ordered tranny and they slap that bad *** in it. oh man.. it feels great and now I can shift like dick in a butter. holy crap this is sooooooooooo smooth!!!!!!!!!!!!.. I gotta give more time though. I still got parts/labor warranty from the tranny company. Im going to drive it like I stole this car so that if it goes out one more time, I can change it. hahahahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I love extended warranty
Old 11-26-2008, 07:49 PM
twitch579

Dont be to happy, my 009 tranny now has a 6th gear grind and my car is juuuust out of warranty. It seems that the 009 trannys do the same thing but it just takes alot more miles to get them to start grinding and its usually only 5th and 6th gear.
Old 11-27-2008, 04:23 AM
track1z

They should honestly do a recall on the transmissions 03 and up.Both my Z and G have the same problom.
Old 11-27-2008, 08:22 AM
jumisu

best title ever!
Old 11-27-2008, 06:07 PM
ladyzed

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My 2004.5 is starting to grind to fifth ONLY when it's cold. Could it be my synchros?
Old 11-27-2008, 06:41 PM
SirSpeedyZ

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

glad everything worked out nice and easy man, I had a great experience getting mine replaced, the guy at nissan I delt with treated me great, even gave a 20 year a rental car. I was so pissed, because I only had the car for like 1.5 weeks before my third gear synchro went out.

Quick Reply: Jesus Christ my transmissino sucks ass balls