Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

one week NISMO review

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2003, 07:34 PM
apex locator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up one week NISMO review

well, its been one week since i had the nismo cams/intake/headers/flywheel installed. i finally got the nismo exhaust on this weekend w/ the help of a friend (those dam rubber hangers are a PITA 3 hrs to install ).

one thing i notice after a week is that the idle sounds a little rougher; rumbling sound under the hood. very minor and very streetable. the exhaust has a nice tone to it; kinda deep and noticeable ~2300 to 3500, after that the sound of the engine starts taking over. its louder than the borla TD that i heard.

flywheel has a slight chatter when going slow in 1st and 2nd, mostly 1st. again very streetable and doesnt bother me.

car pulls as hard as before to redline....actually feels a little quicker with the exhaust on now. revs still moving pretty quick through 1st and 2nd; and 3rd gear is my fav...easy to get up to freeway speeds very quickly.

also feeling a little bit of warm air under the dash, but i'm sure thats from the heat shields for the stock headers being removed.

all in all, very happy with my nismo z so far. but of course the nismo quest continues. one nismo part where i have to draw the line are the cats. no way am i paying anywhere near 1200 for a couple of cats

kv

ps. i had my friend drive my car and he noticed the increase in power....he was very impressed since he had test driven the car before i had the mods done. he was so jealous that he went out and bought an evo 8. j/k about the jealousy part, but he did pick up an evo8 that car is SOLID
Old 08-26-2003, 03:21 AM
KONVERTER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

id take off the nismo cold air intake... but thats jst me...

i want the nismo cams / headers / but im going to go with a JWT flywheel and mines test pipes (on order)..

when I get my z back im going to be talking to jeff @ performance

i notice a power increase just from my nismo exaust alone...

sounds damn good too...
Old 08-26-2003, 04:14 PM
Jeff@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

b18bvudoo: Glad to hear your happy with your mods. Let me know what cats you end up with and give a NOISE review. I've been looking at the crawfords but am open to others.
Old 08-26-2003, 05:01 PM
PhoenixINX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With the cams building power up top... have you thought about changing out the plenum?

Honestly... you're uncorking all the "Restricted" areas... minus the intake track.
Old 08-26-2003, 05:53 PM
neo4mni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

great write up, bro...

you are definitely making me jealous of those cams...

I've already decided on the Crawford cats, just saving up now.
Old 08-26-2003, 06:22 PM
apex locator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by Evil350z
With the cams building power up top... have you thought about changing out the plenum?

Honestly... you're uncorking all the "Restricted" areas... minus the intake track.

yes i have thought about the crawford plenum. i actually was working on a deal to pick one up from another forum member, but that fell through

i have this feeling that the crawford plenum will help immensely, but i want to take aim at my suspension next; gotta get off the stockers

jeff, still thinking about the cats. i havent decided on which cats, or if i'll even switch them out at all. i want to still be able to pass the sniffer. i'll wait to see what others from CA have to report about the crawford cats.