Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

quick help--UR pulley/Gates belt part #

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 10:33 AM
r10apple

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default quick help--UR pulley/Gates belt part #

My belt has suddenly decided to take a crappola and Infiniti doesn't wanna touch the car. This leaves the replacement up to me.

I cannot find my old UR box and pulley and such in my attic and have been unable to find the exact part number for the Gates belt doing the 'search function'. Below is what I found, but does anyone know if the "high performance" belt listed below is the smaller, v shaped belt or just a 'better' belt the same size as the OEM? The guys at Napa don't know, Nissan doesn't know and neither did Velocity Trends here in town (and my boy Jeremy appears awol and I need quick help).

If you know the correct Gates part number to use with the UR pulley set, that would be BEST OF ALL!!!

Thanks...

Alt. & P.S. Automotive V-Ribbed Belt (Standard) K060465
High Performance Automotive V-Ribbed Belt K060465RB (Blue)

A.C. Automotive V-Ribbed Belt (Standard) K040372
High Performance Automotive V-Ribbed Belt K040372RB (Blue)
Old 02-19-2009, 01:57 PM
bryan@Z1
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by r10apple
My belt has suddenly decided to take a crappola and Infiniti doesn't wanna touch the car. This leaves the replacement up to me.

I cannot find my old UR box and pulley and such in my attic and have been unable to find the exact part number for the Gates belt doing the 'search function'. Below is what I found, but does anyone know if the "high performance" belt listed below is the smaller, v shaped belt or just a 'better' belt the same size as the OEM? The guys at Napa don't know, Nissan doesn't know and neither did Velocity Trends here in town (and my boy Jeremy appears awol and I need quick help).

If you know the correct Gates part number to use with the UR pulley set, that would be BEST OF ALL!!!

Thanks...

Alt. & P.S. Automotive V-Ribbed Belt (Standard) K060465
High Performance Automotive V-Ribbed Belt K060465RB (Blue)

A.C. Automotive V-Ribbed Belt (Standard) K040372
High Performance Automotive V-Ribbed Belt K040372RB (Blue)

Did your belt break and fly off? If you still have the old belt there should be a part number directly on it. Even if it's not a Gates number any auto parts store can cross reference it.

An no, the "high performance" belt is not for different pulleys. If you look it's the same part number as the standard belt except for the RB which signifies the different material. On a gates serpentine belt the part numbers are code. For example 40372 would mean that it is a 4 Rib belt 37.2 inches in length.

Last edited by bryan@Z1; 02-19-2009 at 01:59 PM.
Old 02-19-2009, 05:54 PM
r10apple

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is worn in the area of the part number to make it unreadable. It is the underdrive pulley that needs the replacement. I'm simply going to buy the stock size and go down a couple of sizes and buy several more and see which one fits. I was just trying to avoid several trips to NAPA because it is at least 15 miles from the house...