Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

I got a chance to ride in Mossy Nissan’s 350Z which is NA - 282rwhp.

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2003, 12:49 PM
mcclaskz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I spoke with Greg Vogel the other day regarding this car. He is a great guy and a good unbiased performance only oriented resource for our community. I will definetly support him when I need headers. Thanks for the advice Greg!
Old 09-12-2003, 02:04 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

ok, I just got off the phone with Greg V at Mossy. I told him you guys want to see Dyno charts. He told me he needs to go back to the dyno guy to get better prints so it shows up better posted. He plans on doing that wihin the next 2 weeks and then we will post them here.

What I told him to post is:
A. Baseline/stock pull vs 282hp pull so you can compare stock to fully modded.
B. Before and after dyno on each mod. This way you can see the increase in hp and torque for each modification.

If you need that info before then he told me it is ok for you to contact him by Phone (760) 720-9797 or by e-mail gregv@mossy.com

I hope this data helps you guys make choices that are best for your goals. Remind me if 2 weeks past and he has not posted this data, I will get it done....

Jeff
Old 09-13-2003, 11:12 PM
all_bark

I purchased my Z at Mossy O. and Greg was very knowledgeable and helpfull.

I think I'll go talk to him again for my future mods.
Old 09-23-2003, 11:46 AM
mcduck

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mike said...
282rwhp is awesome and get this

no crawford intake plenum

add a crawford intake plenum and you are easily over 290rwhp.
add test pipes closer to 300rwhp? or maybe over?
ecu? wow this is cool.
Just rereading this thread for some more info and hit the post above.

Mike... if you're listening.. I'll let you know how close your estimates are in a few weeks.
Old 09-23-2003, 12:55 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

McDuck:

Are you going to set up your car this way and dyno it?
Old 09-23-2003, 04:07 PM
mcduck

My car goes under the knife on Oct 13th. When it is returned to me it will have the Mossy treatment plus a Crawford plenum and one or two other "special" items. I may not do the flywheel at this time... still up in the air on that because I'm about at the limit of my budget for now.

Full disclosure will be forthcoming after the work is done and yes, I plan to dyno it (sorry, no baseline unless someone else is paying for it... I've already got a stock SAE corrected dyno and a Borla TD only SAE-corrected dyno that I will be using for comparison)
Old 09-23-2003, 04:28 PM
zxsaint
Fairlady Stalker

The before/after dyno i'm really interested in seeing is the cam upgrade on its own.

In essence on paper it should be a solid increase of 15+ and more with a free flowing I/E combo. For $2000 part+labor... I don't see how so many are waving their credit cards without hard numbers.
Old 09-23-2003, 04:39 PM
TheBigShow

i know i'm takin it slow. i did the ia groundin kit, then an aem; crank pulley was next. i finally ordered my borla dual. i don't know if it's the best, but it seemed to b the one with the fewest cons, imo. yeah, the cams will b very interestin; i'll probly end up goin with something other than nismo though. but one question, the guys at mossy tried multiple combos of h/e, and the borla combo was the best? that's pretty cool.
Old 09-23-2003, 10:03 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

mcduck:

Wow, what a big change! You listed wanting to get a Greddy TT or ATI SC and now you are going NA via Mossy. I am debating it as well. A lot can be said for not having to worry about blowing up your motor with FI. I am extremely interested to see how your additional mods will add hp to the mossy set up. Keep us posted. I cannot wait until you get it together and dyno it.

Jeff
Old 09-23-2003, 11:16 PM
zoasis

I wonder what Higher compression pistons would add as far as HP. I may do the cams and pistons over this winter if not the Procharger. I'd bet I'm currently putting down 275-280 to the wheels or so as well. Dammit I need cams! Maybe next week!! Screw it, I'm getting them tomorrow!!!!!
Old 09-24-2003, 06:05 AM
mcduck

Wow, what a big change! You listed wanting to get a Greddy TT or ATI SC and now you are going NA via Mossy. I am debating it as well. A lot can be said for not having to worry about blowing up your motor with FI. I am extremely interested to see how your additional mods will add hp to the mossy set up. Keep us posted. I cannot wait until you get it together and dyno it.
Jeff,

I'm still eyeing FI... but like you, got a little tepid when I saw the problems some were having with the ATI. By my count, about half the people had trouble with their installs... anything from poorly drilled brackets up to the extreme with ravaz's and MaxHax's fiascos

Also, I've always been leaning more to TT and, so far, no kit available and I'm tired of waiting!

So, my current plan is to "refresh" my Z each year. NA mods that are FI-friendly now (which is why I'm not doing a more radical cam), approximately one year after buying my Z!

Sometime late next spring, after there are multiple TT kits out and many of the bugs have been worked out, I'll probably add an out of the box TT kit.

If I still have this car the following year (and I probably will), the TT kit will get a boost upgrade and beefed up internals.

The before/after dyno i'm really interested in seeing is the cam upgrade on its own.
Sorry, zxsaint, I'd rather dump money on the mods than dynoing after each and every one. For what's coming up, that'd be enough to pay for my Unorthodox Pulleys! I will not have a before and after comparison for the cam... just my baseline w/only the Borla TD vs everything.