Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

HELP!! Check Engine Light after Bluetooth Install!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 08:00 AM
IPGDriver
Corporate Whore

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!! Check Engine Light after Bluetooth Install!!

So I just pick up my car from Super Autobacs and I see that my check engine light (MAL) it on. I have the Bose system and Nav. I had the Parrot CK3100 Bluetooth system installed (works fantastic BTW), but now I am getting a check engine light. When I dropped it off this morning, no code at all.

My question is could the installers have done something with some wires behind the radio that would make the check engine light come on? The car runs absolutely fine, no lag or sputters.

I have recently installed a FI exhaust and HFC's last week and re-oiled my JWT Pop Charger filter. I know that if you apply too much oil, it could foul up the MAF sensor, but I was very careful not to apply too much and it was over a week ago with about 200 miles of driving. Also, my gas tank is at about an 1/8th, but the gas light is not on yet. I am going to fill it up and see if it would go off them. I cannot remember the last time that the gas has been this low, but it has not been since I did the mods. I have heard that if the tank gets below 3 gallons or the gas cap is loose, it could set it off.

What do you guys think? Could it be anything from the bluetooth install or might it be some MAF or O2 sensor? I am going back to Super Autobacs today to have them check the code.

Thanks for your help guys!!
Old 03-08-2009, 09:33 AM
welderz

You probably throwing the CEL because of your HFC's.
Old 03-08-2009, 11:09 AM
NISMO_558

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

^ what he said
Old 03-08-2009, 01:43 PM
IPGDriver
Corporate Whore

Thanks guys.

I read the code, it was a fuel temp gauge sensor malfunction, it was reading a too high of a temp. Perhaps it was because I had low fuel, but in any case, I reset the light and it is all good now. So far...so good. We shall see how long it lasts.

Thanks