Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Rattle noise coming from engine bay?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 11:07 AM
Fast_Sec

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rattle noise coming from engine bay?

I have a 2007 350z touring edition. Everything is stock except a drop in K&N filter. For the past week now I've noticed that there is a rattling noise coming from the engine bay. The rattling noise is not extremely loud but loud enough so you can hear it. This rattling noise only occurs when the car isn't moving. When I push in the clutch peddle the rattling noise goes away and whenever its in gear. All the gears don't grind when engage and it doesn't effect driving. I'm not sure if its something loose in the engine bay or is it related to the transmission? I'd like some of your thoughts before I really think it's a serious issue and take it to the dealer for inspection.
Old 05-14-2009, 12:37 PM
kyx4n

its the transmission noise.. its absolutely normal, unless the noise becomes louder or worse
Old 05-14-2009, 12:40 PM
TJGILROY

normal
Old 05-14-2009, 02:32 PM
Fast_Sec

One or two months ago I didn't hear any rattling noise but now its clearly noticeable. I bought the car used, last fall at the dealer. The dealer told me they put in a new clutch and transmission assembly.

So you guys saying this rattling noise is normal but how can you stand that noise?
Old 05-15-2009, 05:16 AM
TJGILROY

you can notice it more because you are getting more comfortable with your car, it's probably always sounded like that, but now you are starting to notice every little detail about your baby...we've all been there man

i had a similar problem and thought maybe something was rattling inside my cats so i put resonated test pipes in and the rattling is still there just not as noticeable because of the pipes growl...
Old 05-15-2009, 05:29 PM
jray8

Originally Posted by TJGILROY
you can notice it more because you are getting more comfortable with your car, it's probably always sounded like that, but now you are starting to notice every little detail about your baby...we've all been there man

i had a similar problem and thought maybe something was rattling inside my cats so i put resonated test pipes in and the rattling is still there just not as noticeable because of the pipes growl...
Well said, you just notice things after the excitement wears off, just like people who bought the Z, then all of sudden claim the Z is slow . It wasn't slow when they test drove it. Of course one would get use to the power quicker if they are constantly redlining it.
Old 05-18-2009, 07:55 AM
TJGILROY

Originally Posted by jray8
Well said, you just notice things after the excitement wears off, just like people who bought the Z, then all of sudden claim the Z is slow . It wasn't slow when they test drove it. Of course one would get use to the power quicker if they are constantly redlining it.