Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

My clutch problem WITH VIDEOS!

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 07:52 PM
sweettalker
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My clutch problem WITH VIDEOS!

So I finally recorded a video so someone may help me through this issue. The clutch makes an unusual noise and in the end my throwout bearing gives up and shatters or breaks. here is the sympthoms from my old thread:

I have competition clutch ironman the 6puck with competition clutch lightened flywheel. About 5000 miles ago, my throwout bearing went out. It started making metal to metal grrrr noise so I thought it was no big deal. Then it got so bad when i engage gears (right at the point when the gear catches while gradually releasing the clutch) it would do it 24/7 engaging the gears in any gear. Then the clutch would not release even when I released the clutch pedal so it would just burn the clutch when I am driving around (and the foul smell also) and when we opened it up the t/o bearing blew up with the little ball bearings were everywhere. I replaced it with oem throwout bearing but now it is doing it again. The sound was there but not much, but now it is gradually growing and getting worse. What could be the problem? Does anyone else have this problem?
It looked terrible. The throwout bearing was broken in two and the ball bearings inside were rolling around in my clutch assembly. The little ***** were all over the place because the throwout bearing that held the little ***** in place busted open.

And no I don't sit at lights with the clutch in.

EDIT: Youtube is giving me an error or taking really really long. How do I upload vid?
Old 10-08-2009, 07:36 AM
350z006

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Youtube always takes a long time. Just try and wait for it to fully upload...

Originally Posted by sweettalker
So I finally recorded a video so someone may help me through this issue. The clutch makes an unusual noise and in the end my throwout bearing gives up and shatters or breaks. here is the sympthoms from my old thread:

EDIT: Youtube is giving me an error or taking really really long. How do I upload vid?