Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Avid Racing Trans mount???

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 09:11 PM
Doh-Joe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Avid Racing Trans mount???

I went to a local shop today and saw a Avid Racing transmission mount in display. It is a solid tranny mount. I would assume there is going to be some vibration in the car and if so, this is a normal thing correct? And my car is a DD so is this even really worth it? How bad is the vibration going to be if any?
Old 10-21-2009, 09:27 PM
plusONETEN

i woudnt suggest pairing a solid transmission mount with your stock rubber engine moints, i would be concerned about fatigue on the transmission mounting bolt. the engine will still be moving up front, and the tiny back and forths could possibly take a toll on the tranny bolt, which would be at a huge mechanical disadvantage to resist such things.

If you already have solid engine mounts though, i would go for it. it would complete the package.

and by tranny mount, i assume you mean the little thing with the two vertical bolts that thread into the transmission itself, and the one horizontal bolt that is held by the transmission crossmember.
Old 10-21-2009, 09:45 PM
Doh-Joe

Originally Posted by plusONETEN
and by tranny mount, i assume you mean the little thing with the two vertical bolts that thread into the transmission itself, and the one horizontal bolt that is held by the transmission crossmember.
Yep that's the one. Good point on that engine mount though. It hasn't cross my mind. Guess I should be looking into those too. But either way, would it still be pointless to do this on a DD?
Old 10-22-2009, 05:44 AM
Lcat84

Originally Posted by 05 PPW Z33
Yep that's the one. Good point on that engine mount though. It hasn't cross my mind. Guess I should be looking into those too. But either way, would it still be pointless to do this on a DD?
Yes, I thought about getting one for myself...and the only noticable difference is slight vibration reduction. I really don't think it's worth it, especially since it doesn't provide any performance gains.