Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

GTech Pro Performance Meter

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2003, 11:12 AM
roark

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Dr Bonz
Jim: The Procharger does have a nice SC whine to it and it did quiet down a little but it is still there. If you have music on in the car you don't even hear it though.

I have heard that others who have tried this G-Tech have found that it is VERY accurate as compared to timed runs at the track.

As far as I know, the Competition Pro model is no more accurate than the one I got. It only has more bells and whistles and you can integrate it with your computer.
Dr. Bonz,

I went with the Competition because it has a third (Z axis) accelerometer and thermometer. Yea, the LCD screen is pretty but I'm more interested in complete and accurate data. I'm also hoping that the road racing software will be helpful.

Do you find that you have to recalibrate your version often because of changing temperature? With the Comp., you calibrate twice, once when the unit is cool, then again when it is warm. The built in thermometer can then extrapolate calibration at any other temperature.

Which ever version works for you, this is a very cost effective tool for validating (or invalidating) modifications.

Roark
Old 10-16-2003, 11:17 AM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

I haven't had it long enough or used it enough to worry about temp changes yet.
Old 10-16-2003, 11:21 AM
roark

Originally posted by D'oh

Roark,
With the current firmware, what kind of data can you store for road racing applications? Lateral G's? Individual Accelerometer readings? Engine speed? Vehicle Speed? What do you hope to see in the AutoX/RR firmware addition?
D'oh!

I missed this question from before. The current software for the unit (3.0.0) does not currently have a road racing application for storing data. G-Tech promises this on their web site, but nothing yet. I guess we need to leave these guys a nag e-mail or 12 I'm really hoping for a log showing time vs. speed, vs. HP vs. TQ, vs. horiz. Gs, vs. Lat. Gs. That would help me calibrate my suspension mods and HP/TQ/brake mods for autoX and/or road racing.

There is an accelerometer mode that displays all three axis, but nothing is stored. Not really useful except the skidpad where you have time to glance at it.
Old 10-16-2003, 11:33 AM
roark

Default Re: Check this out

Originally posted by bellox
I used my gtech comp to compare Z-tube to CAI install and plotted the dyno chart:

Chart

Please note, the readings are relative only. Just used the same street which was not perfectly level, on the same day for both.
Bellox,

ImageStation is saying that it won't let me view this from outside. Can you please repost as an attachment?

Thanks,

Roark
Old 10-16-2003, 12:31 PM
GurgenPB
UltimateSleeper

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Re: Check this out

Originally posted by roark
Bellox,

ImageStation is saying that it won't let me view this from outside. Can you please repost as an attachment?

Thanks,

Roark
I will do it for him.
Attached Thumbnails GTech Pro Performance Meter-fae9e5f2.jpg.orig-small-.jpg  
Old 10-16-2003, 08:38 PM
bellox

gurgenpb01, Thanks

I forgot I can post images directly.
Old 10-16-2003, 09:30 PM
KhanMan

can you get this at stores too or do u have to order it off the web?
Old 10-16-2003, 11:03 PM
D'oh

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

D'oh!

I missed this question from before. The current software for the unit (3.0.0) does not currently have a road racing application for storing data. G-Tech promises this on their web site, but nothing yet. I guess we need to leave these guys a nag e-mail or 12 I'm really hoping for a log showing time vs. speed, vs. HP vs. TQ, vs. horiz. Gs, vs. Lat. Gs. That would help me calibrate my suspension mods and HP/TQ/brake mods for autoX and/or road racing.

There is an accelerometer mode that displays all three axis, but nothing is stored. Not really useful except the skidpad where you have time to glance at it.
Thanks for the info. I did e-mail G-Tech, but like I said before, still no ETA on the new features.

Well, I'll just have to wait a bit and see what comes out.

Although, I just spent over $350 for 4 Sharks/Redwings Tickets, so maybe a couple hundred extra for the G-tech can be hidden somewhere in the ol' credit card bill....hehehehe.

-D'oh!
Old 10-17-2003, 01:32 AM
jreiter

Default Re: Re: Check this out

It will work if you copy-n-paste the link into a new browser window. Many of the image serving places now days do not allow you to link to their images from other sites. Their servers know when you are coming from another site when you click on that link. But, if you copy-n-paste that link into a new window, you are not coming from another site.
Old 10-17-2003, 09:24 PM
Strife350z

For those interested in getting a g-tech, check out ebay first. I was going to buy one from a local shop (Thanks to this informative thread --> $90), but found this on ebay ($48):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2437179320

This is just one buy-it-now example... there are dozens more selling for less if you're bidding
Old 10-17-2003, 09:28 PM
KhanMan

what local shops sell it?
Old 10-17-2003, 10:08 PM
Import-Tooner

I have one in my civic right now and I love it! I'm going to go weigh the Z so I can try it out in it too

BTW, I sell them for 255 shipped.