Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

wanna add a air bypass valve on cold air intake

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 08:18 AM
NismoZZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wanna add a air bypass valve on cold air intake

i wanna put an air bypass valve on my new cold air intake but im not sure wheres the best part to put it. i would want to put the air bypass valve by the MAF adaptor look at #1 but i dont know if that is recommended or if that is a good place to put it im worryed if that will mess up the sensor somehow by having it so close but i dont know. the second place to put it would be by the #2 im ok with this i would have to cut the pipe but im okay with that. my cold air intake did not come with an air bypass valve so i want to add one really bad im just not sure where would be a better place to put any input would help i just wanna know ur guys opinon has anyone else done something like this. my last option is this will not work out is to buy a Injen Hydro-Shield i know this is not water proof but it will help from water getting into the intake and is an easy install. if you dont know wat im talking about heres a link to the injen hydrosheild. and the pic of my intake is attached at the bottom of this thread thanks any help would be appreciated

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Injen...Q5fAccessories
Attached Thumbnails wanna add a air bypass valve on cold air intake-pic-z.jpg  
Old 12-22-2009, 08:23 AM
AdvanZ33
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 189 Likes on 102 Posts

You should put it as far away from the MAF sensor as you're able to, the sooner it absorbs any water the better.
Old 12-22-2009, 08:37 AM
NismoZZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by AdvanZ33
You should put it as far away from the MAF sensor as you're able to, the sooner it absorbs any water the better.
that makes perfect sense thanks alot i thought it would be a problem having it close the MAF. thanks