Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Clutch pedal vibration/tap

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 06:52 AM
wsa350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch pedal vibration/tap

I have an 2008 350z with about 23k on it. When I push my clutch pedal down (disengage) at low speeds or stopped at intersections, it vibrates/taps. Vibrate probably isn’t the best word to describe it because it isn’t constant. It feels like someone is almost tapping on the pedal or clutch cylinder shaft which I can feel through the pedal. It doesn’t happen all the time, and can be felt more frequently when I’m stopped on an incline. Probably once or twice, then it stops for a few seconds and then does it again. Sometimes it doesn't happen at all. I read about people feeling vibrating when their wipers are on, but this isn’t the same.

Has anyone else experience this vibrate/tap? Is it possible something rattling/vibrating/taping in the transmission be transferred through the lines to the clutch cylinder into the pedal? Any suggestions would be great. Thanks.

Last edited by wsa350z; 06-04-2010 at 06:54 AM.
Old 06-04-2010, 07:01 AM
F34RL355
Banned

i feel like a spring or bearing or something in my clutch pedal, been meaning to take it in and see whats up. it doesnt vibrate just feel something when pressing the clutch
Old 06-04-2010, 10:45 AM
hunter6

I am experiencing something similar on my 06. When engaging or disengaging (mostly disengaging) I get a little tap/clunk about halfway out. It feels to me like the clutch pedal arm is binding somewhere but I can't figure it out. Don't mean to hijack you thread but wanted to share experience and see if you think it's similar...and hopefully get a resolution.

Thanks
Old 06-04-2010, 01:26 PM
payam404

I have the same problem on my 05. I replaced clutch and flywheel recently. there is only 2k miles on clutch and flywheel. Friend of mine said it can be the master cylinder but i don't think that would be the problem.
Old 06-05-2010, 11:53 AM
wsa350z

Is your guys when you're in the action of pressing the pedal in? I guess it would be the same regardless of how far it is pressed in.. as long as it is disengaged (not slipping, not engaged). Usually if I move forward a few feet it stops as well.
Old 06-15-2010, 11:41 PM
Linuxglobal

it may just be the clutch trying to engage

ive heard its perfectly normal, took mine to several dealers and they have all said its running perfect and they would be the first to jump on the gun to tell that i need a new clutch or at least some sort of new part seeing how the car is fresh out of warranty.

Just an FYI for everyone, the Z isnt a civic, i drove my friends 08 civic SI and its not even manual, you can consider it a 6 speed auto. Its so smooth and shifting gears feels like you are using a thin stick to do the work. Clutch travel also has a lot to do with it, civics have maybe half the travel of our Zs. Dont get me wrong, its a great little car but its not anything close to driving the Z. You take the good with the bad.

But at least we can all agree that all of them have that slight vibration right when the clutch starts gripping. Mine is fine after that, i even feel it if im in gear and press on the clutch just a little bit.

Happy motoring everyone
Old 07-04-2010, 07:49 PM
payam404

Hi guys.
I just want to update about my clutch vibration. I toke my car to track the other day and after couple of runs clutch is smooth like butter. I recommend give your car a little of track time. after all Z is not like any other car. as LINUXGLOBAL said Z is not civic!!!!