Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Bleeding my Clutch?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 05:35 PM
BristishZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bleeding my Clutch?

Hey guys, so i finally got the car runnign right, but now with the engine started i can not for the life of me get it into gear. i dont want to force it. I have bleed the clutch and got some air out of it. i had to replace the slave clyinder because it broke. The pedal feels very soft, but i havent driven the car in a long time. So not sure what it use to feel like. Is there any better way to bleed the clutch than the old fashinoed in and out way? Pleas ehelp, im having a hell of a time with this damn clutch change and really dont want to have to take it apart again
Old 06-08-2010, 06:16 PM
binder

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

search:

https://my350z.com/forum/search.php?searchid=11625508

and

https://my350z.com/forum/search.php?searchid=11625513

provided TONS of results.

you need to bleed it more. it takes hours to get it bled properly. it's hard, plan and simple.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:40 PM
BristishZ

can you replace that looped hard line under the fender with a stainless line that is shorter? im sure thats where the problem is and if i can replace it so air cant sit up there then i wont have any problems. Im really hoping thats what the problem is. i couldnt stand taking the transmission out again
Old 06-08-2010, 06:44 PM
binder

that topic has been covered in those notes also.

why are you talking about removing a transmission for an air in the line problem?

plus, i'll take a transmission out all day long before trying to tackle making those new lines. If you can get up in there an engineer it better than nissan then go for it. it'll take a lot longer than just bleeding it correctly. Hence the reason nobody (including aftermarket venders) have a replacement for that line.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:45 PM
mysmokenz

Same think happened on my 2006 two years ago. I figured out how to fix it after hours of trying to bleed the slave cylinder. The problem: The bleeder port on the slave cylinder is lower than the air trying to escape. So the only way to fix that is to unbolt it from the side of the transmission and tilt it at angle that makes the bleeder port higher than any other part of the slave cylinder. Problem 2: you have to have some one press the clutch pedal but if you do that while unbolted from the transmission you will blow the end out of the slave cylinder. The FIX: unbolt slave cylinder from transmission and wrap a huge hose clamp like (4-5") around the slave cylinder so when you have some one press the clutch pedal it wont blow the end out. Then tilt the bleeder port up higher than any other point of the slave cylinder and bleed!! Works every time!
Old 06-08-2010, 06:48 PM
binder

or just download the pdf file of the service manual and do it that way. it takes hours but it will work. i've done it many times so far on my clutch without problems. it just takes a lot longer than most.
Old 06-08-2010, 07:17 PM
BristishZ

i have been bleeding it manually in the car and having someone under it open and losing the slave clyinder. ill give it another shot tomorrow.
Old 06-08-2010, 07:22 PM
binder

Originally Posted by BristishZ
i have been bleeding it manually in the car and having someone under it open and losing the slave clyinder. ill give it another shot tomorrow.
with the method by the shop manual it will take no less than 2 hours to get it bled well.