Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

hks and heat wrap

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 10:31 AM
crsracing19

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hks and heat wrap

ok iv had my hks exhaust for literally 3 years and i since day one. its been touching a body mount and it rattles like crazy when it idles.
i didint want to try to hammer the pipe so it cleared the body mount and im afraid of changing its design and performance.

the only solution's iv been able to think of is using heat wrap as a buffer between the body mount and pipe but i cant figure out how to get the wrap to stay does it need to be safety wired or tied a specific way?

im up for any other solutions to the issue thanx
Old 07-16-2010, 11:18 AM
RandomHer0

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine does it too, Ive just been too lazy to fix it.

I had the same idea as you, just heat wrap the part hitting the body, and just secure it with safety wire.

No biggie.
Old 07-16-2010, 01:49 PM
blue350zed

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I would think that would wear out pretty quick and you'd be right back at square one. I've not had any rubbing issues with mine, this is the first I've heard of the problem.
Old 07-16-2010, 01:54 PM
BonesZ33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by crsracing19
ok iv had my hks exhaust for literally 3 years and i since day one. its been touching a body mount and it rattles like crazy when it idles.
i didint want to try to hammer the pipe so it cleared the body mount and im afraid of changing its design and performance.

the only solution's iv been able to think of is using heat wrap as a buffer between the body mount and pipe but i cant figure out how to get the wrap to stay does it need to be safety wired or tied a specific way?

im up for any other solutions to the issue thanx
wrap tightly and use these

or you can use regulare metal hose clamps..

I work for a performance shop, I wouldn't recommend wrapping it it would only only be a temporary fix to lessen the sound. The real way to fix it is the pry on the exhaust hanger a bit to move the pipe away from where ever it is hitting, That is the real way to fix the problem.. The metal hangers do bend. Good luck.