Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Lock out gear, and grind

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 07:13 AM
zlatan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lock out gear, and grind

Hello gents,

Last night I did a couple pulls, had my 2nd gear grind while engaging. It missed 2nd gear and grinded. Luckily, no consistent grinding. I've had a lot of lock out problems with the transmission going into 4th and 6th since I got the car. Car drove fine without grinds that night just wondering if I should take it into the dealership to see if I can get a new trans based on these facts:

4th and 6th constantly lock out.
2nd gear a pain in the *** to engage at times
when its cold it wont shift at all
clutch chatter like a **** when on a hill
also engaging the clutch is jerky (No driver mod required) Clutch is not slipping atm.
synchro's are starting to whine a bit when im at 4k and up rpms in 2nd if I depress the clutch and partially or in full and engage into 2nd gear. Also tested this with going 5k and up rpms in 2nd engaging clutch until rpms drop to idle level, then dumping the clutch while rolling without/with rev-matching.
If I play with 1-2 shift while at a stop it gets stuck halfway into 2nd and stays there until I shift to 1st again.

I've got some extended warranty on power and drivetrain. I'm just trying to figure out if this is the nature of the beast. Or is this a sign of worse to come, and to try to get it warrantied out. Grinding gears basically can toast synchros correct? I've only missed a gear 1-2 times in the 55k miles I've owned my car, any ideas.

I've done a lot of searches, but each situation is just straight up grind, not many people have said lock out. Just looking for some opinions.

Thanks,

Zlatan

Last edited by zlatan; 08-01-2010 at 04:26 PM.