Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Please Help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 10:24 AM
zzzcoupe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please Help!

So last week had my stock clutch and flywheel replaced at a shop with a light wieght flywheel and heavy duty clutch, immediatly i noticed something was off the power was not there i was told this is due to the break in period yada yada been 500 miles now still no power.
have had my cel on for several months prior to this to be sure i went to local auto store and used there ODB2 sure enough it came up with
p0011 bank 1 intake camshaft position overadvanced
p0021 bank 2 intake camshaft position overadvanced
So i went back to the transmission shop that replaced my clutch and told them this, they said its most comonly due to oil bieng low or oil pressure bieng off and i informed him i have a oil gauge in the car and have noticed it is totally normally secondly i did a oil change on my car not more then a week ago.
Esentially they are trying to pretend as if it was not something they did.
Please Help!
Is this oil pressure or just bs and they made a mistake?
Is this what happens if your flywheel is not perfectly aligned with the prior one?
What can i do to fix this problem?
( i know i have allready posted somethign similar to this but i have gotten absolutly no help. Is there anybody out there)
Old 10-04-2010, 10:59 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

How do you know that the "power is not there?"

There are several threads addressing alignment studs for proper alignment of the flywheel to the crankshaft.

Clutch-flywheel-oil pressure are not related. No need to go inside the motor to install either item. Oil pressure is fine.

Why not tell us the clutch-flywheel brand?
Old 10-04-2010, 11:50 AM
zzzcoupe

its a F1 racing chromoly flywheel and a Grip force clutch.
How can my timing become overadvanced could it be from improper flywheel to camshaft alignment? or is it totally unrelated?
How can you fix the timing?
Is it the timing i should fix or focus on what caused the timing to be off, fix that and timing will be correct?
thanks for helping There has gotta be someone who has had this issue before and fixed it!
Old 10-04-2010, 12:22 PM
zzzcoupe

as for the power not bieng there i can tell because when you punch it it slowly gets going honestly it feels as if the car maybe has 150 horsepower and if the timing is overadvanced that would make sense to why the power is not all there.
Could this be something simple like the mechanic forgot to connect a certain plug or connector?
Old 10-04-2010, 12:26 PM
TheFarmer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zzzcoupe
have had my cel on for several months prior to this to be sure i went to local auto store and used there ODB2 sure enough it came up with
p0011 bank 1 intake camshaft position overadvanced
p0021 bank 2 intake camshaft position overadvanced
Are those the same codes you've always had since you stated it was on prior?
Old 10-04-2010, 12:53 PM
zzzcoupe

No they were not the codes i had prior but i believ i have answered my own question i searched threads on here for DIY clutch installs and discovered this
*** If the flywheel is installed in the wrong location the car will throw a check engine light with the code/s P0011 and or p0021 for Cam sensor. thanks(JasonZ-YA)
as for anyone else who is having or doing a clutch install if you run into these codes there is your answer your flywheel was improperly alligned.
Old 10-04-2010, 01:03 PM
MDHRZ

Yup def the flywheel. I had a similar problem.
Old 10-04-2010, 06:48 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by zzzcoupe
No they were not the codes i had prior but i believ i have answered my own question i searched threads on here for DIY clutch installs and discovered this
*** If the flywheel is installed in the wrong location the car will throw a check engine light with the code/s P0011 and or p0021 for Cam sensor. thanks(JasonZ-YA)
as for anyone else who is having or doing a clutch install if you run into these codes there is your answer your flywheel was improperly alligned.
Hope you get the problem diagnosed and fixed.
Old 10-06-2010, 10:26 PM
zzzcoupe

have an appointment in the morning at the shop that installed the clutch and they are gonna realign the flywheel for me free of charge all should be good after that!