Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Vishnu XEDE beta testers

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2003, 06:16 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by AParshall04
Well Vishnu, i am 18 and i just got my 350z this past month - ( i am totally stoked).
Drive safe! And congrats!
Old 11-18-2003, 07:50 PM
articfury
Charter Member #55

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by 99AllTurbo
You're kidding right??!! All I have to say is do some research about the quickest/fastest and most powerful EVos and you won't see Vishnu's name anywhere near them.

Good luck though. So far no one has been succesful at gaining more than 7-8 hp from an engine management system (ECU or piggy back). I'm sure the EXEDE won't be cheap (in price) either.
Follow your own advice. As Shiv stated, their current Stage 2 Evo testing has produced power very near that of the top 2 or 3 Evo known about in the US. That said, like other shops, their goal is not outright horsepower. Vishnu is a company working to develop products to sell, not see if they can be first to get the Evo into the 12's/11's/10's. Like Buschur, AMS and others, they want to produce quality products that make sense for a range of buyers.

I will be very interested to see if they are able to extract much hp from the US-spec Z33. The rumor has been that the JDM and Aussie Z33's had more conservative tuning from the factory.

In early Oct. a friend of mine, Bill, coordinated a dyno tuning session with Shiv coming to Houston. Shiv custom tuned 10 or 12 Evo's with Stage 1 setups over the course of the day. Shiv definitely knows what he is doing with the Xede...just try to watch his keystrokes when he is working at the dyno. Unfortunately, I was unable to be there (damn vacations ) But, by all accounts Shiv is a great person.

Vishnu and the Xede may finally bring something to the US 350Z market that's been missing. A user tunable fuel/timing/boost solution. If you don't know much, or anything for that matter, about the Xede, I highly recommend you read the info from Shiv's link. It's a very nice piece of equipment. And the cost is not ridiculous, especially with the features you get.

Shiv,

Have you all been able to crack the code in the Nissan ECU to the level you have with the Evo? Or is this still too early of a stage?

Also, when you say that it requires cutting the four wires, is that only for the beta and early setups, or will that always be the case?

I look forward to your updates. (and yes, as busy as he is, he actually updates when there is new info)

Derek
Old 11-19-2003, 02:28 AM
elektrik_juggernaut

Shiv, would you be able to make maps that would support aftermarket FI, such as the Procharger?.....this system desperately needs timing retard at the higher rpm's, from what i read it sounds like this would be possible with your system
Old 11-19-2003, 03:11 AM
MR RIZK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by apsilon
BTW who are your affiliates in Australia?
I believe it is ChipTorque and in Sydney it would be Silverwater Auto Service (SAS).

I spoke to ChipTorque a couple months ago regarding this unit and they had nothing available. Let me know otherwise if this has changed
Old 11-19-2003, 09:12 AM
Shiv@Vishnu

Derek-- Thanks for the kind words. I had a good time in TX with Bill and the crew. The dyno conditions were pretty bad (lack of ventilation) but everything seemed to work out regardless. I always find it enjoyable traveling around for tuning trips.

elektrik_juggernaut-- It would be quite easy making such a map for any given supercharger/turbo application. All I would need is one or two identically equipped cars to do the calibrations on. They would have to come to our R&D facility in Pleasanton so I can map them on the dyno. Wouldn't take more than 1-2 hours to get it dialed in.

MR RIZK-- Yes, our affiliate down under is Chiptorque. We're the North American distributor of the XEDE engine control computer. There have been many developments in the past few months. We're in the process of testing the final production version of both the Nissan XEDE as well as the Porsche XEDE. Needless to say, our dyno has been pretty busy as of late.

Cheers,
Shiv

PS. Looks like we have our 350Z beta tester. Thanks to everyone else who responsed and offered their cars.
Old 11-19-2003, 09:28 AM
mysilverz33

Shiv, didn't you used to or still work for "Sport Compact Car"...the name looks very familiar....by the way 'big fan' if you're the person I'm thinking of
Old 11-19-2003, 09:50 AM
mrZ

Originally posted by mysilverz33
Shiv, didn't you used to or still work for "Sport Compact Car"...the name looks very familiar....by the way 'big fan' if you're the person I'm thinking of
Still does. What happened to project 350Z? i've been waiting for the second installment for months. sorry i'm going off topic. this is not a sport compact car thread.
Old 11-19-2003, 12:29 PM
apsilon

Originally posted by MR RIZK
I believe it is ChipTorque and in Sydney it would be Silverwater Auto Service (SAS).

I spoke to ChipTorque a couple months ago regarding this unit and they had nothing available. Let me know otherwise if this has changed
Yeah, did some searching last night and found that. Last I heard they weren't even that interested in the Zed so I'd be interested to hear what's changed.
Old 11-19-2003, 01:21 PM
99AllTurbo

Originally posted by articfury
Follow your own advice. As Shiv stated, their current Stage 2 Evo testing has produced power very near that of the top 2 or 3 Evo known about in the US.
Guess the only other place to find that info was on the Vishnu forum on evom.net otherwise it's the first time I heard that was from Shiv. Didn't see on their website either.
Old 11-19-2003, 01:36 PM
Shiv@Vishnu

Stock EVO vs. Stage 2 EVO

These are the results off of our AWD Dyno Dynamics Dyno. When the car dyno'd at 360whp, it made 400whp on an AWD Dynojet during last weekend's dyno day at ATP. Now at ~390whp, it should put down 430-440whp on an AWD dynojet. The Stage 2 kit isn't done yet which is why it's not on the website.

shiv
Attached Thumbnails Vishnu XEDE beta testers-stg2.jpg  
Old 11-19-2003, 01:57 PM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

... you can do alot with a stock boosted car than you can with a stock NA car...
Old 11-19-2003, 02:13 PM
99AllTurbo

Especially the 4G63.
I miss it.
Old 11-19-2003, 03:37 PM
articfury
Charter Member #55

Shiv,

I look forward to meeting you at the tuning session Bill is setting up for next year.

Hopefully, your work with the Xede will prove beneficial on the 350Z.

Derek