Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

V8 350Z. my 500+rwhp goal

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2012 | 11:35 AM
Vas_Z33

Originally Posted by Vince@R/TTuning
^^^^ Sorry to hear about your issues Vas....Honestly, I thought you were all done cause its been so long...Let me know if ya need anything
you have no idea... my friends don't even believe I own this so called Z.. its a shame

I definitely plan on coming up as soon as this is tuned, I need to tweak my coil overs, install new A-carms and some hardcore fender roll to fit the 315s
Old 01-19-2012 | 12:41 PM
Cass007
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Diebold Autosport
504-808-2918

Talk to Franz and see if he can help you out. If you take him the car and the ECU/Harness he will build it on the car and it won't even be seen. Check out the pics in my thread and see what I mean.

Not saying its cheap, just saying that my car has been on the road for 3 months now and I started after some of you guys.
Old 01-20-2012 | 06:41 AM
Brew_haha

Vass im very sorry to hear about all of this. Its sad to hear but this happens all to often to customers of mine. Someone says they can do the wiring job because they have wired their own harness for their own car. I have sent you a PM. We will get this sorted out for you and have you back on the right track no worries.

Last edited by Brew_haha; 01-20-2012 at 06:48 AM.
Old 01-20-2012 | 07:12 AM
ibelonginprison

Originally Posted by Brew_haha

Dimitri i drive mine in the rain all the time its one of my Daily Drivers!
Don't let him lie to you... he does drive it everywhere... but his version of "driving in the rain" is sideways, looking out the side windows to see where he's going.

lol
Old 01-20-2012 | 08:00 AM
Brew_haha

Originally Posted by Cass007
Diebold Autosport
504-808-2918

Talk to Franz and see if he can help you out. If you take him the car and the ECU/Harness he will build it on the car and it won't even be seen. Check out the pics in my thread and see what I mean.

Not saying its cheap, just saying that my car has been on the road for 3 months now and I started after some of you guys.
Our harnesses are done the same way our own mocked up custom lengths to where the motor looks like it doesnt even run the wires are tucked away so well. We only require the 3 chassis plugs from the VQ harness to make it complete plug and play. All of the GM harness is 100% brand new with new terminals, wire, loom and plugs no reusing brittle old plugs and not soldering here.

Cass i know this is how your harness is done as well looks great Franz also does great work.

Ibelonginprision knows all to well how i drive, took him and the wife for a nice ride not to long ago.
Old 01-20-2012 | 08:41 AM
bbs350z

Originally Posted by Vas_Z33
UPDATE

Dimi- yeah man my phone took a crap last night, waiting for a new phone from apple. I wish I had a phone right this moment cause this guy would of gotten a nice call.

I just can't ****ing believe that this POS took all that money and 4+ months out of my build to see this in the ****ing package.. I am just so sick, its not even funny...

The harness looks basically the SAME!!!! as I sent it to him.. the only thing I see wired here is my pedal sensor WHICH I COULD HAVE DONE... ( I figured Id sent it to him since he promised me a complete re do of the harness ) This guy named Justin from Q-FAB, talked so much **** about sikkys harness( which i agree ) and has delivered nothing.. There are wires in the harness that are split!!!! WTF am I supposed to do with these?

My one clip for my Factory ECU is just missing and broken..

my harness was supposed to be tucked in, HE DIDNT even bother!!....

I am just sick and so close to coding this ******* his own website so no one on here OR ANY platform goes through with him.... I am not even excited bc IT DIDNT start before and I don't see much change in this rip off... but I am going to send logan from chase bays a message on here and bring this harness to the shop tomorrow and see what happens...
i dont even have my harness yet and hes been working on it since august. his only reason for taking my harness with him was to make a layout to replicate yours on :/ you got your harness i take it? post up pics. i know mine looked good and we used kevlar and shrinktubing but its a different story when its out of your hands as he was "using mine as an example of the work he can do" and a guinea pig for future ls swap projects. he said mine was supposed to be here early this week, its now the end of this week, no harness, no tracking.

Originally Posted by Vince@R/TTuning
^^^^ Sorry to hear about your issues Vas....Honestly, I thought you were all done cause its been so long...Let me know if ya need anything
^you dealt with him i believe. he swapped the vq from my old track car into his s13, and sold you the custom forward turbo manifolds that qwamen had created.
Old 01-20-2012 | 11:16 AM
Vas_Z33

Originally Posted by bbs350z
i dont even have my harness yet and hes been working on it since august. his only reason for taking my harness with him was to make a layout to replicate yours on :/ you got your harness i take it? post up pics. i know mine looked good and we used kevlar and shrinktubing but its a different story when its out of your hands as he was "using mine as an example of the work he can do" and a guinea pig for future ls swap projects. he said mine was supposed to be here early this week, its now the end of this week, no harness, no tracking.

^you dealt with him i believe. he swapped the vq from my old track car into his s13, and sold you the custom forward turbo manifolds that qwamen had created.
Ill post pictures tomorrow, I dropped it off at the shop. Car is being pulled in early monday to do the install.

edit: there is probably 1 or 2 thin lines that have shrinking... the rest is just electrical tape... ill re shrink it my self and make it pretty once it fires

Last edited by Vas_Z33; 01-20-2012 at 11:19 AM.
Old 01-21-2012 | 01:47 PM
bbs350z

^dude wtfffff. i was with him when he was picking up shrink tubing for yours in november i wanna say. text him yesterday asking whats the status on mine and he said it will for sure be by me by tuesday. thats a week later than he promised
Old 01-23-2012 | 12:54 PM
Brew_haha

cough --- looks like he has plenty of time to work on his personal cars and wiring but his customers get shafted
Old 02-08-2012 | 09:25 AM
Vas_Z33

we'll.. theres never any good news of course... still won't fire.. It gets power everywhere it seems just won't send the signal./pulse to fire. It cranks but won't turn over...

blahhhhhh
Old 02-08-2012 | 02:17 PM
Brew_haha

beep check from the ecu plug to the coil plugs to see if you are getting continuity i can give you the ECU plug diagram if you need. You can test from the ecu side to the coil pack sub harness disconnect.
Old 02-08-2012 | 03:07 PM
Quamen

Do you have the wrong crank angle sensor?
Old 02-09-2012 | 11:48 AM
Vas_Z33

Logan, please show me Nd please check PM. Bill me now!!!! This harness is just making me sick and it looks disgusting
Old 02-09-2012 | 12:16 PM
Vas_Z33

quaman- The crank sensor is fine. we have tried 2 of them. all sensors are new. EVERYTHING in this engine bay is brand new except this ugly POS harness that was done. we even ran a separate wire to the crank wire to test it and it receives pulse/signal from the ecu. I don't know where the hiccup is

I just don't even know where to start!. Just installed a custom stage 2 CJM that charles did for me, and we have fuel pressure and everything. Coils have power just no spark.

I don't even know how to chase this problem down, I do not want to take the harness apart because I wouldn't even know where to begin. I was promised a plug and play and its not.

Im just waiting to get my DSLR cause there will be a lot of picture of this electrical taped harness.
Old 02-09-2012 | 04:41 PM
Quamen

quaman- The crank sensor is fine. we have tried 2 of them. all sensors are new.
My question was more related to if you have the right one. There are two different types and the newer crank angle sensors do not operate the same as the older ones. Ask me how I know... I had the same exact issue.
Old 02-09-2012 | 05:14 PM
bbs350z

^what part number??

ps logan pm me price too...can we customize the harness w/ certain things we dont need such as egr, and coil pack plug location?? if my harness doesnt work thatll be 0 for 2, even though i was told everything was ohm'd out, im having my doubts
Old 02-09-2012 | 06:22 PM
Vas_Z33

Quaman- send me the part number! I will gladly buy a sensor! This will be my last shot lol b4 my cc gets swiped fml
Old 02-09-2012 | 10:37 PM
QTB

I hope I'm not stating the obvious and I dont' remember which ecu you're running but make sure if you are running the oem to disable all the security crap using what every tuning software you have. I know there are a couple things that need to be disabled, I think one prevents the engine from starting and the other withh prevent the throttle from opening if you are using DBW.
Old 02-10-2012 | 03:17 AM
Quamen

Quaman- send me the part number! I will gladly buy a sensor! This will be my last shot lol b4 my cc gets swiped fml
I don't have the part number but the 24x reluctor wheel uses a different sensor than the 58x. A 58x will be a gray sensor and a 24x will be black.
Old 02-10-2012 | 03:57 AM
Vas_Z33

Originally Posted by Quamen
I don't have the part number but the 24x reluctor wheel uses a different sensor than the 58x. A 58x will be a gray sensor and a 24x will be black.
How can I tell which reluctor wheel do I have?

Quick Reply: V8 350Z. my 500+rwhp goal