Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Rogue E. short shifter + trackday review....:(

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2003, 07:10 AM
dwnshift

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just got off the phone with Ben at RE. They have an idea on an update that they will be offering to anyone with this issue and all their shifters will now implicate this new update. Everything will be ok!!!!! Rogue Engineering is an excellant company and is listening to is customers.
Old 12-22-2003, 08:11 AM
KJY9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by dwnshift
Just got off the phone with Ben at RE. They have an idea on an update that they will be offering to anyone with this issue and all their shifters will now implicate this new update. Everything will be ok!!!!! Rogue Engineering is an excellant company and is listening to is customers.
Thanks for keeping us updated BJ.
Old 12-22-2003, 03:09 PM
twenzel

I don't understand. Why is the shifter even made of two peices? It would make sense to make it from one peice. And even so... GLUE? I mean come on you paid over 300 for a shifter that is glued together? Not dissing, but the guy making these had to have considered that with the amount of movement and use the shifter of a car uses, he should of known it was bound to come apart sometime. I just don't get it. Correct me if I am wrong but isnt the facory shifter constructed from one peice? blah.
Old 12-22-2003, 03:21 PM
KJY9

Originally posted by tonywenzel
I don't understand. Why is the shifter even made of two peices? It would make sense to make it from one peice. And even so... GLUE? I mean come on you paid over 300 for a shifter that is glued together? Not dissing, but the guy making these had to have considered that with the amount of movement and use the shifter of a car uses, he should of known it was bound to come apart sometime. I just don't get it. Correct me if I am wrong but isnt the facory shifter constructed from one peice? blah.
No, my stock shifter is sitting right here. The difference between the two is that the stock shifter has industrial strength shrink wrap for 3/4 of the way up the arm (covers the joint that broke apart on the Rogue).
Old 12-22-2003, 07:36 PM
Ultimateone

Hmmm this reminds me of the Bimmer boards........
Old 12-22-2003, 09:49 PM
FLY BY Z

Did somone pay 300 for their shifter?
Old 12-23-2003, 06:00 AM
dwnshift

There is a reason it is two pieces...its to reduce the vibration...since it goes directly into the transmission ....if they dont use te rubber isolator ..every single little vibration in the transmission will transfer through the shifter......then there will be a lot of complaints!
The rubber helps absorb all the vibrations from the transmission. RE is working on an update to solve the issue of the seperation....this update will completely solve the situation. Anyone that has any questions about this feel free to contact me at
BJ@350EVO.com
Old 12-31-2003, 07:15 AM
jmark

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What's the latest from RE?
Old 01-01-2004, 11:41 AM
apex locator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i am still waiting for their reply due to the holiday season
Old 01-14-2004, 04:15 AM
jmark

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Any updates from Ben?
Old 01-14-2004, 05:41 AM
dwnshift

We have received some updated shifters and have shipped a couple out to new cutomers. From all the shifters we sold before there were only 3 that experienced the seperation issue. This new update will solve that from happening.
Happy shifting
BJ
Old 01-14-2004, 05:44 AM
John

What exactly did they do to rectify the problem?

I've had absolutely no problems with my RE shifter nor any significant vibration or noise. Instead, I've had a blast having a racecar like feel when I shift... funny thing is I feel like my car is faster... LOL
Old 01-14-2004, 05:54 AM
dwnshift

Drilled it and put a bolt throgh it.
Old 01-14-2004, 11:29 AM
DeeZee

thanks again bj! my wife is getting me this revised shifter for my birthday on friday!! it "should" be here by then? i ordered it yesterday. then ill install, and full review. i dont have a digital camera to take any pics though??? any chance you have a pic of the NEW shifter bj?? i have been waiting for the b&m release, but i dont like waiting this much!! i promise you guys a honest review after install!
Old 01-14-2004, 03:34 PM
John

As long as your trusty UPS retard doesn't lose your package or fumble it too much, you should receive it tomorrow. 350Evo is probably the fastest company I've ever seen in expediting orders, so have no fear!

Last edited by John; 01-14-2004 at 03:44 PM.
Old 01-14-2004, 05:54 PM
ZZZ-35

dwnshift

Does the mod increase vibration, transmitted through the bolt thereby negating the rubber isolation sleeve.
Old 01-14-2004, 06:43 PM
DeeZee

john, i TOTALY understand the ups f##kups!! im STILL in the middle of trying to get my money back for a package they lost over a month ago!! i HATE ups right now!!!
Old 01-14-2004, 07:28 PM
dollar99

I think I was the first one to contact Ben about this problem 2 days after the shifter was released. He said to use some superglue to fix it. So far so good, he said if it ever comes apart again, they will replace it for no charge.
Old 01-15-2004, 04:39 AM
John

john, i TOTALY understand the ups f##kups!! im STILL in the middle of trying to get my money back for a package they lost over a month ago!! i HATE ups right now!!!
I don't mean to go on a tangent here, but I'd like to add that there was a reason UPS' insurance carrier dropped them a 18 months ago. Hell, nearly every package I receive via UPS looks like it has been run over by a Mack truck. I only send my stuff Fed Ex ground now, as it gets there on time and in one piece. Not to mention Fed Ex ground is cheaper, and the employees don't have to deal with the union BS that UPS employees do, and Fed Ex employees are paid much better.

I'm off my soapbox now...

DeeZee, where in VA are you? If you're in NoVA and would like some help installing the shifter this weekend, let me know. Did you get the shifter cup with your shifter? Hopefully you did as it will make your life MUCH easier.
Old 01-15-2004, 05:56 AM
DeeZee

yes i did get the cup as well. always planing for the worst i guess?? thanks for the offer to help, but im down in va beach! this "shouldnt" be too hard! im pretty decent with tools. (im an aircraft mech) it also helps that i have access to a lift as well!! shouldnt take me more than an hour TOPS! with no snags that is?? ill let you guys know how it goes in my review. i "hope" to recive it today!

Quick Reply: Rogue E. short shifter + trackday review....:(