Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Rogue E. short shifter + trackday review....:(

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2004, 06:38 AM
John

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just be sure to use the adjustable crescent wrench with a cloth to get the shift **** off. The only difficulties I encountered were when I was trying to bolt up the shift linkage again (getting the bolt through was a difficult reach from) and getting the underside shift linkage boot back on its perch was a tad frustrating. It took me just under an hour, and that was in my driveway on jackstands. Good luck and enjoy! You're going to love it!
Old 01-15-2004, 01:35 PM
DeeZee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks john, im sure i will love it! as for the ****, im already using the nismo titanum++! it will come off fairly easily. now the stock one was another story!?!? i just used 2 sets of vice grips. i wraped some rubber mat around the **** and went to town!! my guys at nissan couldnt belive i didnt even scratch the stocker tacking it off. the usp guy JUST NOW dropped off my new shifter!!!! ill have it in tomarow. so look for my full review by tomarow night. ps. bj that was MIGHTY quick on the shipping!! happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me.........
Old 01-15-2004, 02:18 PM
jmark

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

DeeZee,

Do you have the Nismo GT Titanium ****? I am interested how it works in combo with the Rogue.
Old 01-16-2004, 08:55 PM
DeeZee

jmark, no it isnt the gt. i found that **** to be about a half inch too short for my comfort. it is the other nismo titanum ****. im not sure of the exact name??? it is exactly 4 fingers long! check out my review i just did for more info. this shifter is a MUST have mod!! later man!
Old 01-16-2004, 09:45 PM
silverstoneTT

so whens the shifter going in? Im starting to question whether to go pick one up next week or wait for a another company to release something? Any information pertaining to this?
Old 01-16-2004, 09:56 PM
DeeZee

check out my full review i just did! hope it helps.https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....threadid=57187
Old 01-16-2004, 10:01 PM
silverstoneTT

Oh thanks. Now I don't think I want to wait for another kit to come out. I think I'm gonna have to get this real soon. So the distance between the throws isn't all that much shorter?
Old 01-16-2004, 10:50 PM
DeeZee

its 20% shorter throws. at first i didnt notice, but after a few min i could realy see a difference! when i was sitting still after install, i didnt notice. thats what i mean. once you actualy drive it, you notice it. i was waiting for the b&m kit to be released, but im VERY happy i got the RE instead! its probably the best b-day present ive gotten in years! i highly recomend it. and FYI, i have no affiliation with RE. i had never even heard of them untill now. they do extreamly good work! you wont be dissapointed!!!
Old 01-17-2004, 07:56 AM
John

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Originally posted by silverstoneTT
Oh thanks. Now I don't think I want to wait for another kit to come out. I think I'm gonna have to get this real soon. So the distance between the throws isn't all that much shorter?
The throws are pretty short, so it give the car a racecar like feel. Plus, I can shift much smoother and quicker now...