Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Can anyone recommend good online shops?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2013, 01:48 PM
tw2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can anyone recommend good online shops?

I need recommendations for good, reliable, honest online shops since most of this stuff is only available in the US. A few difference ones would be great since some have good international shipping prices, some not so much and some don't ship overseas at all.

I am looking to get

CJM basic fuel return kit
Walbro kit
Deatschwerks 600cc injectors

and a bit later on
Vortech V3 2006 revup tuner supercharger kit. Summit had this for $3900 with $125 international shipping which I find hard to believe.

The only recommendation I could find from searching is http://www.conceptzperformance.com Is the CJ Motorsports store good? I hear bad things about intense power, is this correct?
Old 02-17-2013, 10:24 PM
tw2

So no one has purchased car parts online? Or everyone got so screwed over they cannot recommend the shop?
Old 02-18-2013, 12:42 AM
jerryd87

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

well considering that cjm makes the cjm fuel return kit im not sure if thats a serious question, why would you deal with a middle man when you can get it directly from the manufacturer. no idea on the deatschwerks though im happy with my precision's.

also that vortech kit your looking at is the tuner kit as in no fmu or fuel pump, its the basic so you can select your own tuning and fuel solution, the price is the same as what a quick google search showed others selling it for so no idea whats so hard to believe. only reason you got an answer was because im bored, most people probably have you on ignore for your inability to search
Old 02-18-2013, 10:18 PM
tw2

Originally Posted by jerryd87
well considering that cjm makes the cjm fuel return kit im not sure if thats a serious question, why would you deal with a middle man when you can get it directly from the manufacturer. no idea on the deatschwerks though im happy with my precision's.

also that vortech kit your looking at is the tuner kit as in no fmu or fuel pump, its the basic so you can select your own tuning and fuel solution, the price is the same as what a quick google search showed others selling it for so no idea whats so hard to believe. only reason you got an answer was because im bored, most people probably have you on ignore for your inability to search
Yes it is a serious question. You will notice that many vendors offer the CJM kit for the exact same price as CJM sell it themselves ie $395. They might make the kit but it does not mean they are a good retailer, plenty of engineers are not, their passion is making stuff, not always customer service and prompt communication, hence the question.

The $125 shipping halfway around the world for something that weighs 80lbs is the hard to believe part. I have paid the same shipping on a set of brake pads and misc small parts before. Yes I agree the $3800-4500 for the basic kit is as expected. Obviously I realize I have selected a tuner kit, why would I list the injectors, fuel pump and fuel return system on my shopping list and then want to buy a complete kit? I will be getting a uprev dyno tune if it matters.

Well I am very thankful you were bored. A couple of people have PM'd me their recommendations on good vendors to which I am appreciative. Please provide me with your search results...... I already stated that I searched and I even stated what I found (http://www.conceptzperformance.com) I searched titles in the 350z and tech sections for "online", "shop", "online shop", "vendor", "purchase", "buy" and looked through various threads of garbage. I guess I suck at searching.

I have been on the mercedes and mr2 forums for quite a while. If I asked the same question on the mr2 forum I would get 10 people all at once saying atsracing is great, koracing is amazing, be careful with berk tech, watch out for emspowered until they get their stuff sorted. Mercedes they would say eurocharged is excellent great service, oetuning do an awsome job and needswings will do anything to give excellent customer service. I am not sure why this is so hard... oh well /close thread.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:25 PM
jerryd87

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

if you have difficulty getting it from them your going to have difficulty getting it from most places, however theres a reason cjm is the only ones to offer it no one can compete.

summit offers decent prices on shipping because they get discounts for volume, im in hawaii the shipping here isnt that cheap eaither and it cost me the same to get a fuel cell and mounting brakets shipped to me as a small box of an fittings. also if it all comes in one box under a set weight(120 iirc) and dimensions is pretty much a standard price for fedex to a single location(as in something 60 lbs would cost the same as something 90 lbs.)

any of the vendors would have worked because they have online shops as well, even if the online store dosnt work or is missing something a phone call gets the same result.
Originally Posted by tw2
Yes it is a serious question. You will notice that many vendors offer the CJM kit for the exact same price as CJM sell it themselves ie $395. They might make the kit but it does not mean they are a good retailer, plenty of engineers are not, their passion is making stuff, not always customer service and prompt communication, hence the question.

The $125 shipping halfway around the world for something that weighs 80lbs is the hard to believe part. I have paid the same shipping on a set of brake pads and misc small parts before. Yes I agree the $3800-4500 for the basic kit is as expected. Obviously I realize I have selected a tuner kit, why would I list the injectors, fuel pump and fuel return system on my shopping list and then want to buy a complete kit? I will be getting a uprev dyno tune if it matters.

Well I am very thankful you were bored. A couple of people have PM'd me their recommendations on good vendors to which I am appreciative. Please provide me with your search results...... I already stated that I searched and I even stated what I found (http://www.conceptzperformance.com) I searched titles in the 350z and tech sections for "online", "shop", "online shop", "vendor", "purchase", "buy" and looked through various threads of garbage. I guess I suck at searching.

I have been on the mercedes and mr2 forums for quite a while. If I asked the same question on the mr2 forum I would get 10 people all at once saying atsracing is great, koracing is amazing, be careful with berk tech, watch out for emspowered until they get their stuff sorted. Mercedes they would say eurocharged is excellent great service, oetuning do an awsome job and needswings will do anything to give excellent customer service. I am not sure why this is so hard... oh well /close thread.
Old 02-19-2013, 01:45 AM
angelo350z

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I go with Concept Z and Z1 Motorsports, even when I was in Germany.
Old 02-19-2013, 01:53 AM
MR RIZK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

CJM - Order Direct from Charles. Shipping to AU was reasonable and fast
ID Injectors - T1 Race Development. Speak with Tony. Shipping to AU was reasonable and fast
Fuel Pump - Buy DW300 locally from http://www.gcg.com.au/ No point to ship overseas

CZP is good if the items are in stock. Reasonable shipping prices when negotiated offline

Last edited by MR RIZK; 02-19-2013 at 01:54 AM.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:17 PM
tw2

Originally Posted by angelo350z
I go with Concept Z and Z1 Motorsports, even when I was in Germany.
Thanks, that is good to know, they have a lot of good things.

Originally Posted by MR RIZK
CJM - Order Direct from Charles. Shipping to AU was reasonable and fast
ID Injectors - T1 Race Development. Speak with Tony. Shipping to AU was reasonable and fast
Fuel Pump - Buy DW300 locally from http://www.gcg.com.au/ No point to ship overseas

CZP is good if the items are in stock. Reasonable shipping prices when negotiated offline
Thank you for that. I did not know about gcg, did they provide a nissan fitment kit or did you have to do some custom work to install it? Shipping to New Zealand or Australia is usually about the same so that is great.
Old 02-20-2013, 03:22 AM
Kuwait350z

last time I went with CZP; buying and shipping items to Kuwait; experience was perfect and definitely wont hesitate to order from them again.
Old 02-20-2013, 03:34 AM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

Received 101 Likes on 75 Posts

www.ImportPartsPro.com /end.