Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Good Custom shop in Chicago Area

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2004, 03:07 PM
boostin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good Custom shop in Chicago Area

I am looking to do a custom TT set up soon, I live close to Chicago and want to know if there are any good shops there.
Old 01-19-2004, 03:47 PM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i own a very capable shop but we will not be doing any twin turbo installs until we finish our own 350z turbo system. we would like to do the R&D on our car, not someone elses... i find that to be better business practice

We are working with the greddy system due to its affordability and quality. We feel that it offers good performance out of the box, and with upgrades the capability to make over 600rwhp.

So using the greddy system as a start, we are finishin up developing our install kit that replaces and upgrades a few things right off the bat to make for better reliability and higher quality install... and then we are going to start dyno testing our upgrade system that tunes the fuel and ignition systems further to allow you to raise the boost and make more power.

if you have any questions call me up at the shop, my name is Charles... phone number is 630 208 1336

i think there are other shops in the area that are doing 350z work as well... such as ultimate Z.

thanks,
charles
Old 01-23-2004, 04:49 PM
boostin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So what exactly are you uprgrading in the kit? What would I be looking at interms of cost for the kit, 8.5:1 pistons, rods, install, and tuning? Part of the reason I wanted to do a custom job is I want to use different managment, and different turbos. I'm not a big fan of mitsu turbos. I am no shop tuner or anything but it would seem to me that the only things that would need to be fabricated are the manifolds and I/C piping. The rest of the parts could just be purchsed to complete the "kit" or am I way wrong here?
Old 01-23-2004, 05:48 PM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

boostin: well... first we are upgrading the oil lines and oil line supply. this is just for my own personal reasons... there is no HP to find in that. I ceramic coated all the cast iron the kit to prevent corrosion and also retain a little more heat.

To custom fabricate a kit would be quite costly, but at the same time it all depends on what parts you want in it. it could end up not costing much more than a greddy kit + labor. it all depends we would need to talk a lot about specifics of what you wanted and how you wanted it... but its definatly possible. There is a little more fabrication to the kit other than manifolds and charge pipes, but nothing we cant handle.

the process of pulling the engine and putting in pistons and rods would be quite expensive, however once again depending on what parts you wanted to use and the specifics of the rebuild.

this is all stuff we would need to have a nice voice chat about, and once i had all the details from you on what you are looking for, i could give you an estimate.

my shop phone is 630 208 1336, ask for charles.... if you get the machine leave me a callback # and you will here from me quickly.

you also must understand that this would be a very time consuming job, and the car would be around for a while.

and then also for the engine management... i dunno... if it were up to me i would put a HKS FCON V pro in but they arent exactly easy to get your hands on.