Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

is the nismo LSD a DIY?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2004, 10:20 PM
DeeZee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats a realy good way to describe it! i only have one more question for you though? would it be cheaper for me to get the nismo unit and have it installed. or pay a little more for you guys to put it together, then sent it to me with a charge for lending me the pumpkin. im not refering to the deposite, im talking about the fact that it will coast X amount of $$ to use your pumpkin. im just thinking between shipping both ways, and the coast of your time building it up, it might level out the same coast wise to just have it put in? my local guys charge $65 an hour. at 5 hrs thats $325+$900,and s/h for the lsd. so to break even you would need to seel this kit at $1225, and that would have to include shipping of the pumpkin both ways! does that make sence?
Old 01-21-2004, 10:24 PM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well.. we charge about 480 for the install of the LSD... so its really up to you... have a tech who builds these up on a semi daily basis or (not insulting any ones tech's) someone who hasnt done one of these and just installing the pumpkin...

shipping shouldnt be much since it is small, but will be heavy... we will supply a pre-paid label...

we are still looking into doing it... there are alot of people who do not have tech's who can / will do this...
Old 01-21-2004, 10:30 PM
DeeZee

wow your quick! did you answer me befor i wrote the question?? i hadnt considered it like that. i guess sometimes i take it for granted that i have access to things like a GOOD shop, a lift, and dynos!? now that i think about it, thats REALY cool that you guys think of stuff like that! and to tell you the truth, i might just use your kit? i REALY like being able to say "I DID IT"! you know what i mean? thats why i started this thread in the first place!
Old 01-21-2004, 10:34 PM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by DeeZee
wow your quick! did you answer me befor i wrote the question?? i hadnt considered it like that. i guess sometimes i take it for granted that i have access to things like a GOOD shop, a lift, and dynos!? now that i think about it, thats REALY cool that you guys think of stuff like that! and to tell you the truth, i might just use your kit? i REALY like being able to say "I DID IT"! you know what i mean? thats why i started this thread in the first place!
then you can say... You were rear-ended by PerformanceNissan

Old 01-22-2004, 05:23 AM
FLY BY Z

Originally posted by Jason@Performance
I can get you a R&P and bearings needed for that swap...

we do it with G35 auto drivers all the time...

I am working on putting together a kit for AT drivers to go to the 3.53 R&P and Nismo LSD...

I guess I can get you a stock LSD if you wanted... but would be as much as the NISMO... so no point in that really...
i can get all those parts at cost so its ok. I was just hoping you might come across a housing with what I am looking for in it before you install the NISMO LSD. then I would just ship you mine as the core for that one in which you sent me.