Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Exhaust touching diff ears...

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 08:20 AM
muffles

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Exhaust touching diff ears...

Hey guys...has anyone had to deal with their exhaust contacting the bolts on the diff ears?

My exhaust (GReddy Evo2, so a TD) is very close when at a standstill, and it touches over bumps (very clear sound!).

I've only had this issue since I changed to Whiteline diff bushings, here's a link to another thread I have about those: https://my350z.com/forum/engine-and-...-bushings.html

The reason I brought that up is that I've been careful to ensure I was following Whiteline's exact instructions, so I'm not sure whether to now break those and remove the upper washers (or similar). In the past day I've actually emailed and got a reply from Whiteline about whether it's possible to remove them; they've said they can't recommend it as it wasn't designed that way (I'm assuming they just don't know as they never did research into it in that configuration).

Anyway, has anyone else had this issue? The exhaust doesn't have much free play so I'm not sure if it can be adjusted away from the bolts.
Old 06-11-2013, 10:15 PM
muffles

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, I've removed the top washers now...we'll see what happens over the coming weeks/months/years!