Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Sputtering Issue/WTF

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2013, 03:14 AM
Marc Crowley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Sputtering Issue/WTF

Alright my maf went out so i replaced it twice now either im getting the wrong part or my car is just wanting to be a little bi*** ..i matched the serials but the car will sputter under acceleration.wont climb the rpm range even in neutral i figured it was in limp mode but it got up past 2500 rpm and no SES light. only when i unplug the maf it throws the light and goes in to limp mode. and drives great up till 2500rpm in every gear. has anyone had this issue because its getting annoying.

the only code i got was the low air metering circuit
and a high AIT code

oiewtfmate

Im gonna stop the BS questions
NO their isnt any air leaks.
NO the maf is in the correct direction.
Old 09-13-2013, 03:20 AM
frivolous_

Search ecu relearn, I believe there is an idle air relearn as well. Also check your o2 sensors which may fault as well
Old 09-13-2013, 03:27 AM
Marc Crowley

Originally Posted by frivolous_
Search ecu relearn, I believe there is an idle air relearn as well. Also check your o2 sensors which may fault as well
its not he idle air relearn ive tried that. and the 02 has nothing to do with this my suttering i dont run cats on my car yes i have a cel light from the 02 but ive had it the last 9k miles..ive gone through all ecu reset procedures even used a stop watch to make sure i did everything to the book..why im having these issues idk but its really annoying having to deal with this while im in school..

Last edited by Marc Crowley; 09-13-2013 at 03:33 AM.
Old 09-13-2013, 03:53 AM
frivolous_

Sorry then. You should post all steps youve tried to alleviate unwanted replies.
Old 09-13-2013, 04:04 AM
Marc Crowley

Originally Posted by frivolous_
Sorry then. You should post all steps youve tried to alleviate unwanted replies.
ive tried that before in the past not everyone read all the way through the posts. im not trying to sound like a dick or anything long that line.. its just this car dumb founds the hell of of me..more senors and electronics then horsepower
Old 09-13-2013, 04:40 AM
Marc Crowley

Originally Posted by Marc Crowley
ive tried that before in the past not everyone read all the way through the posts. im not trying to sound like a dick or anything long that line.. its just this car dumb founds the hell of of me..more senors and electronics then horsepower

only thing i can think of i did diffrent i touched the throttle butter fly while the car was off so idk if that would cause this colossal cluster F*** of aggravation
Old 09-13-2013, 05:05 AM
travlee
Master
Premier Member

Received 9,155 Likes on 6,603 Posts

there is a throttle position relearn.... try that

http://www.technosquareinc.com/350reset.htm
Old 09-13-2013, 05:11 AM
Marc Crowley

Originally Posted by travlee9374
there is a throttle position relearn.... try that

http://www.technosquareinc.com/350reset.htm
Like i stated above ive done all relearning procedures there are for the 350z none work..
Old 09-14-2013, 03:55 PM
Marc Crowley

Default Update wtf

so i replaced the MAF with an oem..the sob wouldnt idle at first i had to rev the **** out of it to get it idle..its drive able but its stubling and when flooring it has no power it will stick to 4k rpm takes for ever to get up to speed and its now showing a P0171 engine lean bank 1 code....like wt is going on with my car this **** makes no sense to me

Ive checked all hoses for a leak the only thing that kinda got me sitting weitd was the little oil regulator thing in the valve cover was hissing for no reason so i tightened it down and it stoped but still has the issue with stumbling.. i even replaced the rubber coupling for the intake and new clamps all hoses are connected to the intake and sprayed them with water to see if i could see anything. running 93 octane.. never used anything lower..

can anyone shed some light on this issue.. im not starting to lean toward the issue being the fuel pump maybe... ive had the car 9 months now and since the Douche that owned the car before me bought it new never did any of the services required and i dont think he ever changed the oil before i took it off his hands..cause i took it to a shop to drain the diffrential. oil and transmission...the look on the techs face was horrifying.. they found a F***ing Mr good bar wrapper in the airfilter and my oil was chunky and transmission glooped out and was a metalic black...

so im begining to think it may be the fuel pump and filter..cause it started to do this weird thing for a while before this like 5months ago.. in 1st gear slowly taking off it would shutter and like surge in the motor i figured it was because i just wasnt giving it enough throttle but my buddies z didnt do it...

shitballs!

Last edited by Marc Crowley; 09-14-2013 at 03:56 PM.