Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

sputtering engine help please

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2004, 01:40 PM
ViZion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sputtering engine help please

ok, so i'm really getting sick of this fuçking car.

03 track

some info: just had the oil changed at jiffy lube yesterday, but have driven teh car since and it was fine until now. i watched them do the work, and things were fine. nothing is leaking, and oil preasure is fine. yeah yeah, i know, jiffy lube. i didn't have time to do it myself and teh dealership was closed. i didn't need a new filter so it was just an oil swap.

anywho, i was on my way out going to catch up with some rumored z's floating around the area.

as i was turning out of my apt complex, i shifted into second and vdc came on. then the car started freaking out.

-the slip light came on
-the vdc off light came on (it was not off)
-the service engine soon light came on.

i pull over. at idle the engine sounds...ok...but not great. it sounded a little rough. i give it some gas and it cuts off right around 3k rpm as if the fuel or air is not getting to the engine. it [i]almost[/] sounded like it was bouncing off redline but it wasn't quite that abrupt. it sputters out, then burbles down to idle.

i turned off the car, and turned it back on. all 3 lights are still on: service engine, vdc off and slip.

i jiggled teh o2 sensor and idle changed a bit. but i still had the problem when i was giving it gas.

i don't know wtf is wrong with it. i cleaned out the air filter, jiggled the o2 sensor a fidgeted with a couple of other things. again, oil preasure is fine.

idle has smoothed out.

i turned off the car and let it sit for a few seconds then turned it back on. things are all back to normal, except the service engine soon light is still on. gased it, tinkered, gased it. things are fine. (except for the light)

what the hell does this sound like to yall?

i'm so sick of this f-ing car having problems. it's seriously been in the shop more than i've driven it. some of it was my fault...curb checking incident, but most of it has been b/c the car has had some small, some big problems.

tranny's been replaced, ebrakes been tinkered with, window greasing fixed, windows not automatically going up still hasn't been fixed, the interior rattles like a sob (pass. side pilar, pass side visor, and rear view are causing the rattles) the radio has been replaced (not bose) and the one they replaced it with cased my speakers to pop (so i just put in my pioneer), my driver's side rear suspension is squeaking like i weigh 500lbs everytime i get in.

i'm sick of this $38k sports car having so many gawd damned problems

any help would be greatly appreciated. and sorry for the long-winded rant.
Old 01-25-2004, 01:45 PM
pices312

There is a recall on some of the 350Z's. It has to do with a soldering flux mess. Can cause ignition problems, possible stalling of engine. What is the build date and vin of your car?
Old 01-25-2004, 01:49 PM
pices312

Check out Zcar.com there is a post entitled update 350Z recall. More details. Sounds a bit likr your problem. You might also do a search on this site , I beleive there is something on this topic. If it is the recall problem you need to take care of it right away.
Old 01-25-2004, 01:52 PM
ViZion

build date: 7/02

last 4 numbers of vin: 1329
Old 01-25-2004, 02:51 PM
pices312

If you haven't had the recall done your vin looks like it might be in the right range. Check out that recall notice posted on Zcar.
Good luck
Old 01-25-2004, 03:20 PM
ViZion

yeah, it looks like mine was on the tail end of that.

what really pisses me off is that i called nna about this when i first read about it.

the lady on the other end told me
"ma'am, we'll send you a notice if your car is affected"
me: well, i bought my car used and i don't know if yall can keep track of it. can you just check my vin real quick please?
nna: ma'am! we will send you a notice if your car is affected.

i am going to be really pissed if it turns out my car is one of the ones affected, and htey blew me off like that. also, that my dealership hasn't brought it up.
Old 01-25-2004, 05:03 PM
pices312

I never received a notice either it was my dealer that caught it and corrected the problem. Stay on top of it, good luck.
Old 01-25-2004, 11:24 PM
ViZion

thanks
Old 01-26-2004, 10:59 AM
350black

After all of these problems, I would think about exercising your rights under the lemon law. That way you could get yourself a brand new Z
Old 01-26-2004, 05:11 PM
ViZion

i bought it used, according to texas law, the lemon law only applies to new vehicles.

i'm really thinking about calling nna and gettign lawers involved. i'd really like an 04 sb track. however, it looks like i'm gonna be screwed any way i go.