Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

JWT clutch from westcovinanissan on eBay look genuine??

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2013, 03:15 PM
z33_cliff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JWT clutch from westcovinanissan on eBay look genuine??

Ok so I ordered this clutch http://www.ebay.com/itm/JWT-CLUTCH-DISC-AND-PRESSURE-PLATE-350Z-G35-NEW-/160704550965?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3A350Z&hash=item256abcd835&vxp=mtr and i feel a little skeptical. the pressure plate has no markings/ serial/ ID number at all. The clutch disk has phc valeo printed on the face .... I've never heard of them before and looked up the name, they seam to just be a basic OEM replacement disk .... All I'm wanting to know is if this is the correct kit and is going to hold up to upwards of 400whp

Old 12-11-2013, 05:50 PM
SlowCoupe

My jwt clutch came in the same box/sticker.

Pressure plate was plane jane like that one.
Im sure the disc is the same.

I think the jwt kit might just have a stronger clamping force due to modified pressure plate.
Old 12-11-2013, 08:42 PM
Tenacious T

I just ordered the clutch and flywheel combo as well from a vendor and had the same concerns as you. I actually contacted JWT and spoke to a tech there to see if there was supposed to be a serial number on any of the products. He explained that there should be a laser etched JWT near one of the springs on the clutch disk, it's very faint and hard to see but it's there. When I asked about the metallic looking organic material on the friction plate and the Valeo marking he said that they haven't advertised it yet but they recently switched the the clutch disk material to a copper compound produced by Valeo. It has a much higher friction coefficient and apparently is some of the highest quality and heavy duty friction material available... So basically, we have the newest JWT clutch revisions and it's top of the line. He also told me that due to the toxicity of copper particles to the environment the government may very well be outlawing its use in friction materials. So get it while you can!
Old 12-12-2013, 06:18 AM
z33_cliff

good deal, thanks for the response guys... I feel relived about my purchase now
Old 12-12-2013, 07:30 AM
Tenacious T

Yes, I felt the same after speaking to the tech... Can't wait to get this installed now.