MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Drivetrain (https://my350z.com/forum/engine-and-drivetrain-50/)
-   -   Modified Revup Oil pump!! (https://my350z.com/forum/engine-and-drivetrain/591143-modified-revup-oil-pump.html)

Total D 02-11-2017 05:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
For HR and VHR, the DE/revup are right behind it.

And it finally begins!!!!

Attachment 383017

Total D 02-21-2017 07:46 AM

Release!!!

1 Attachment(s)
Finally, ready for release.

Gear Details:
* Drop in
* Hardness of gears is twice that of stock gears, and not brittle like other gears on the market
* RPM Range: 8500RPMS (With supporting internals of course), same gears running 8600rpm at 6bar of pressure in a road race build currently.
* Billet Heat Treated Hardened 17-4 Stainless Steel
* Moly Ceramic Dry Film Lubricant Coating
* Tolerances within .0005" of the original gear.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back Plate Details:
* Bolt on
* 7075 Aluminum
* Eliminates the flex
* Brand Logo, for authenticity
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oil Pump Details (Optional)
* Helps Eliminate cavitation during higher rpms.
* Better flow with ~10% increase
* Larger Volume of flow throughout the rpms, stock held around 5" of vacuum, whereas after modifications,the pump held 20" of vacuum.

gills 03-10-2017 07:18 PM

Where does one go about buying the revup/de pump? And is there a price that can be shared?

i sent you a PM a few days ago. Very interested in purchasing.

Total D 03-13-2017 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by gills (Post 10869556)
Where does one go about buying the revup/de pump? And is there a price that can be shared?

i sent you a PM a few days ago. Very interested in purchasing.

You can look up Suckerpunch Motorsports on Google or FB. I don't want to get in trouble for posting sale threads for not actually being a vendor. Just like showing everyone what's available.

rottingcat 05-24-2017 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by Total D (Post 10869977)
You can look up Suckerpunch Motorsports on Google or FB. I don't want to get in trouble for posting sale threads for not actually being a vendor. Just like showing everyone what's available.

thought cost was just going to be rev up pump +$395 as you mentioned initially? it's $900 (and out of stock) according to your website

Total D 05-25-2017 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by rottingcat (Post 10888957)
thought cost was just going to be rev up pump +$395 as you mentioned initially? it's $900 (and out of stock) according to your website

The $395 was added to the pump, it was the work being done to the the pump with revup gears, similar to what Cosworth was. Then we decided to do billet gears, that's when the the price went to $899. We are in the middle of production of our 3rd run, so we can definitely get you taken care of. So, price of pump, pump work, coatings, and gears is what you're getting for $899.

Total D 08-20-2017 08:57 AM

There's 6 DE/Revup and 4 HR/VHR pumps available, if anyone is looking to upgrade their oiling system. Feel free to contact Sucker Punch, EPS, Concept Z, MA-motorsports, and Real Street for pricing.

wizard 08-21-2017 02:52 AM

Hi, just found this thread now.
Assuming everything on a car was stock (mine isn't) - could you run this oil pump on a DE motor without harming anything else? This has been tested up to 8,500rpm?
Or if not, what supporting internals would one need to rev the motor to 8.5

Total D 08-21-2017 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by wizard (Post 10910359)
Hi, just found this thread now.
Assuming everything on a car was stock (mine isn't) - could you run this oil pump on a DE motor without harming anything else? This has been tested up to 8,500rpm?
Or if not, what supporting internals would one need to rev the motor to 8.5

Sure, adding the oil pump to any motor ( stock or modded) will be beneficial. Stock motors have broke the OEM gears, so adding this pump/gear setup, will give you better insurance.

Yes, it has been tested to 8600rpms actually, in a road race motor. For the avg person, I would say rods, pistons, valvetrain, cams, oil pan spacer, and oil cooler. RPMs kill rods, so if the stock rods can't handle that kind of abuse, don't bring it that far up. On a stock setup, we have seen 7800-8k, but I always recommend adding the supporting mods for safety.

wizard 08-22-2017 02:36 AM

Thanks - can you be a bit more specific about whats needed for supporting mods?

What internals do you think work well with your oil pump if we put a conservative rpm limit at say, 8k?

Total D 08-22-2017 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by wizard (Post 10910634)
Thanks - can you be a bit more specific about whats needed for supporting mods?

What internals do you think work well with your oil pump if we put a conservative rpm limit at say, 8k?

Welcome, if I were spinning it to 8k+, I would do oil pan spacer, oil cooler, Cams (Tomei, Kelford, JWT), valve springs and retainers (from same companies), EPS oil galley gaskets, ARP L19, and at very least eagle rods and weisco pistons. The stock rod bolts can handle it for a little while, but eventually they are gonna go. So, I would just build it right the first time and be done.

Ahmad A Ahmad 12-22-2017 07:42 PM

Vq35de oil pump gear

Regarding Vq35de oil pump gear only... I need only the gear... How much it coast?

Total D 12-22-2017 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by Ahmad A Ahmad (Post 10932372)
Regarding Vq35de oil pump gear only... I need only the gear... How much it coast?

PM sent Ahmad!

pascal 12-02-2020 10:13 AM

Vq35de oil pump gear(s)

PM me the price of gears for the VQ35DE oil pump if still available...
Thks

bealljk 12-02-2020 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by pascal (Post 11040234)
PM me the price of gears for the VQ35DE oil pump if still available...
Thks

Jeramiah is more active on his Instagram than here. Maybe check out his website too (google suckerpunch motorsports) But he is a great guy and does great work. If you end up buying a pump from him let us know what you think.