Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

E-manage vs. Technosquare

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2004, 01:35 PM
exploder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E-manage vs. Technosquare

Ok... Ive been following all the threads on this forum concerning both as viable tuning options. I as well as many of you guys am running lean in certain areas and rich in others. To remedy this situation you can either choose the technosquare reflash wich will advance timing, correct fueling inconsistencies and raise the revlimter to 7grand. With e-manage you get all these functions except the rev limiter removal. So look at it this way, I think technosquares ecu costs around 599. e-manage you can get of e-bay for around 399 with the tuning software included. you take that left over money and buy the 350 aem uego and fix you fueling issues to the best of your abilities and then take it to get dynoed to get timing and fueling perfect...another 150 bucks probably. Now you have a e-manage, and a wideband O2 sensor that you can keep on your car or transfer to another car later. To me spending a little more will get you better tuning in the long run because with the e-manage it is tuned for your car and not by some generic map you get programmed from california and then when it doesnt run right or you get more mods you don't have to send your stuff back to california to get reflashed again....you can instead just go back to your local tuner shop and get it all tuned in accordingly to match your car. If you are good enough you can tune it a little bit on your own and lastly you have a cool gauge in your car... you know chicks dig gauges. Tell me what you guys think, what would you rather do?
Old 02-06-2004, 01:51 PM
g356gear

I have gone through so many posts on this subject I can't think straight anymore. It seems everyone has an opinion with what works and what doesn't. Some guys have had success and some have had failures with the same systems. Others try combinations of 2 systems with great success ( like Skidazzle and t32gzz ). That's the good thing about this forum is that you can gain the knowledge from other peoples experience in order to find the best solution for you're car. If I was living near Technosquare I would probably use their re-flash for my tt kit but I am not so the practicality of having the tuner close is not an option for me. I am stuck with a different solution....whether that involves Aeromotive or an e-manage/e-01 management solution I am not certain. I will make the decision soon though......spring is on the way!!
Old 02-06-2004, 01:56 PM
12SecZ

Tell me what you guys think, what would you rather do?
Have more than one option to drive down costs is what I would want done.

One thing though, you left out the install price of the Greddy and the fact that unless you buy their TT the install is a hack.

TS 595 includes install and there isn't any cutting or wiring.

Fair unbiased reporting... Both setups can run guages.