Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

4000rpm power surge problem

Old 07-13-2015, 07:21 AM
wapakZdrive

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4000rpm power surge problem

Hello everyone,

Recently my 2003 350z base model has started acting weird. At or right near 4000rpm under moderate acceleration it will power surge for a few hundred RPMs then die off to normal or slightly below average power levels as it continues through the RPM range. I am at a loss regarding where to start troubleshooting.

For anyone willing to help me out with some advice I have listed below anything that might be critical to figuring out the problem

* car has 125,000 of gentle miles on it with top notch maintenance
* a few months ago it got its first real mods which include: 5/16 motordyne plenium spacer, K&N drop in, Injen true duel exhaust with test pipes, and an Osirus software tuned on a dyno.
* The above mods were done more than a month ago with 2 or 3 thousand miles put on the car sense.
* Finally, and I only mention this because it coincided with the problem arising: I changed the head unit to plane jane pioneer unit. I hooked everything up as it should be with the exception of not using any fuses for the memory lead (could this be the problem? I don't see how but anything is possible.) I had been driving for probably 35 minutes after installing the new head unit when I noticed the problem.

as a side note: I unplugged the new stereo to see if that was the problem and the problem persisted. I also did throttle position relearns and ECM reset with no luck.

please help my baby is sick!
Old 07-16-2015, 09:52 AM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

drive the car for 20 mins then do a throttle body reset