Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Clutch Pedal not Building Pressure

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2016, 04:14 AM
561350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch Pedal not Building Pressure

Hello, I am new to these forums and a new z owner as well however not new to the car scene. I have been reading on here about this sticky clutch problem and I just wanted to post on here where i am in the process of trying to fix this issue.

I have a 2006 350z base model minor upgrades, exhaust, tune, carbon fiber drive shaft. etc.

My clutch pedal was starting to stick halfway and i decided to tinker around with it to fix this problem i started with a regular old clutch fluid flush....i bled till no air was coming out and nothing but clean fluid was coming out my pedal was not building any pressure. I then proceeded and ordered and put it a new master cylinder. i then bled the system for about 20mins and still no sign of the clutch building pressure, the clutch feels stiffer than before but it is not building pressure if my clutch pedal started doing this before i even replaced the master cylinder could this be my clutch? i mean driving around i had no problems with the clutch engaging just the pedal sticking. my next step is to replace the slave cylinder but like I stated before if my clutch was doing this before I even replaced the master cylinder I don't see why this would fix the problem? and when the clutch gets pushed down the slave cylinder does move and moves more pumped.

Ideas and comments would be greatly appreciated this car is my new daily and its sitting in my garage now and having to bum rides to work
Old 05-19-2016, 04:48 AM
travlee
Master

Received 9,044 Likes on 6,510 Posts

its the slave, it is always best to replace them together. luckily for you, yours is external and pretty easy to swap
Old 05-19-2016, 04:54 AM
561350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for the quick reply! i work at a oil change shop and next door is a full mechanic shop he told me once i build pressure and the slave is fully extended trying pushing it with my hand and if i can move it the slave is bad does this sound about right to you?
Old 05-19-2016, 07:38 AM
Heel Til I Die

Received 1,057 Likes on 746 Posts

I don't think you can effectively bleed the clutch using the "conventional" bleed method. It may be possible, but you'll be at it for a while.

https://my350z.com/forum/maintenance...ed-clutch.html

From the FSM:

Good luck!
Old 05-19-2016, 06:25 PM
saywat?

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

google gravity bleed. its the simplest and easiest method. try that. fk the pedal method