Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Evap Solenoid Nipple broke off

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2016, 04:45 AM
Swaglife81

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Evap Solenoid Nipple broke off

I was replacing hoses on my 03.5 G today. Various ones like PCV, Brake booster and the 2 small ones from the evap control solenoid valve. The nipple for the vacuum line that goes to the intake manifold is the one that broke off.
As you can see it broke off at
the base of the nipple sadly

I know I need to replace the whole valve but unfortunately I just paid car payment, insurance, rent, cell all on 1 check so I'm cashed out for 7 days.

I'm not to educated on what all this solenoid does, it works fine but the nipple of course is broke off. Anyone have any ideas for a ghetto rig to last me a week. Its plastic. I don't have a plastic welder. I have some epoxy, etc

Let me know if you guys have any ideas. Can I block off the evap vacuum hole the nipple broke off on and put a cap on the intake plenum?

Its a busy week as I'm a full time Amazon employee. I don't have another car so its crucial I figure out something fast today. I've only had this car for 2 months now and I guess this is what you get for 5K in a car. This car drove so great the first 2-3 weeks I had it than all kinds of small problems just hit everywhere. Since I did a full gasket replacement including valve cover gaskets, painted engine parts, wire tuck, etc etc. I have so many man hours in it myself. Its hard to keep throwing money at the car with none of the money into show or go parts yet.
Old 12-12-2016, 05:46 AM
BluestreamDE

Received 289 Likes on 232 Posts

It's just a part of the evap emissions system on your vehicle. Roughly 60 bills.

https://my350z.com/forum/engine-and-...-where-at.html
Old 12-12-2016, 05:58 AM
Swaglife81

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Yeah I know what it is, was mainly looking for experience on if it effects the car in any way when not going into the intake. I'm currently venting the vapors to atmosphere til the new unit comes in a few days. I have a vacuum cap on the intake side. Drove 50 miles give or take with highway and city driving. So far no fumes, or issues filling gas. Short term fuel trims are normal and staying close to zero at idle. Basically after 2 days I can't find any side effects from having the vapors not going back into the intake. I was for sure I would see a check engine light but I'm not even throwing a pending code. Guess at least from what I see this is basically like someone venting the driver's side PCV to atmosphere, doesn't change anything with the car.