Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Z1 clutch midweigh flywheel combo

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2017, 11:37 PM
Bad driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Z1 clutch midweigh flywheel combo

I just installed a z1 clutch flywheel combo on a HR motor and the chatter is alot louder than I thought. I also noticed that the car vibrates and the RPM does not get up like it used before with OEM flywheel....is this normal, the vibration?
Old 01-21-2017, 01:45 AM
Logiqal

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Bad driver
I just installed a z1 clutch flywheel combo on a HR motor and the chatter is alot louder than I thought. I also noticed that the car vibrates and the RPM does not get up like it used before with OEM flywheel....is this normal, the vibration?
How light of a flywheel did you go with? The lighter the flywheel, the more noise and vibration you will have. You need to be more specific about about the rpm not getting up. Who did the installation?
Old 01-21-2017, 05:05 AM
Bad driver

Originally Posted by Logiqal
How light of a flywheel did you go with? The lighter the flywheel, the more noise and vibration you will have. You need to be more specific about about the rpm not getting up. Who did the installation?
I got the Z1 motorsports Clutch, Mid weight Flywheel and CSC delete kit ffor the HR engine.
Job was done by a respected shop in town only shop to do EFI turning dynos and special installation.
As far as the RPM I'm not getting a response that I used to with OEM flywheel. It feels alot slower for the RPM to go up.
The chatter noise I knew it would be there but wasn't expecting the car to vibrate so much...just wanted to get some feedback if this was normal
Old 01-21-2017, 05:50 AM
Logiqal

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

^ Your rpms should actually go up faster with a lighter weight flywheel. However, since it's new, you do have to give it some time, at least a few hundred miles. Basically, the disks need to mate together. As for the vibrations, you shouldn't feel to much but my buddy has that exact flywheel and clutch and people have told him his car sounds terrible �� I sat in it and it's hard to say because his car also has solid engine mounts so it's a bit of a rough ride to begin with. I'm actually having a ZSpeed lightweight flywheel and clutch being installed right now. I'll let you know how mine is when it's finished. I'm hoping by the end of day.
The following users liked this post:
Bad driver (01-21-2017)
Old 03-27-2024, 08:23 AM
indy86

Default How did this go?

Originally Posted by Logiqal
^ Your rpms should actually go up faster with a lighter weight flywheel. However, since it's new, you do have to give it some time, at least a few hundred miles. Basically, the disks need to mate together. As for the vibrations, you shouldn't feel to much but my buddy has that exact flywheel and clutch and people have told him his car sounds terrible �� I sat in it and it's hard to say because his car also has solid engine mounts so it's a bit of a rough ride to begin with. I'm actually having a ZSpeed lightweight flywheel and clutch being installed right now. I'll let you know how mine is when it's finished. I'm hoping by the end of day.
How did this end up for you?

I just got the z1 clutch kit hr w/ lightweight flywheel. Got it back today. it seems to vibrate at 2k rather rough in every gear but 1st.