Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Engine gets too hot in traffic and coolant was boiling

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2017, 07:45 AM
Osvani125

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Engine gets too hot in traffic and coolant was boiling

So I just got a Nissan 350z 2007 and everything was fine until a month after the car engine started to get too hot so I told my friend to check it out and the problem was that the radiator fan wasn't working so I bought a new one and I thought it was okay but then when I am in traffic and I stop and go, after a good hour the car starts to get kinda hot and I tested this situation out and when I got home I left the car on for 30 min and the coolant started to boil so I turned off the car and it kept boiling. After 10 min I decided too take the cap off and after a while the coolant fluid went down and I'm just curious why this happend and why my car gets hot In traffic??
Help!!!
Old 04-25-2017, 07:56 AM
travlee
Master

Received 9,049 Likes on 6,515 Posts

Originally Posted by Osvani125
So I just got a Nissan 350z 2007 and everything was fine until a month after the car engine started to get too hot so I told my friend to check it out and the problem was that the radiator fan wasn't working so I bought a new one and I thought it was okay but then when I am in traffic and I stop and go, after a good hour the car starts to get kinda hot and I tested this situation out and when I got home I left the car on for 30 min and the coolant started to boil so I turned off the car and it kept boiling. After 10 min I decided too take the cap off and after a while the coolant fluid went down and I'm just curious why this happend and why my car gets hot In traffic??
Help!!!

jeebus.... basic troubleshooting eludes you.

check the hoses when it is warm, is the top one hot and bottom one cool.... if so, you should know what the problem is