Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Z won't stall or move when put into gear

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2017, 10:40 PM
Mullen009

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Z won't stall or move when put into gear

So a quick rundown, I've posted a forum here about the issue I was having and was trying to figure what exactly was wrong before taking it anywhere.

Car would be jittery off a stop, and if I was rolling had no problems shifting.

Tonight, I was coming from work. And came up on 2 other Zs. And against my better judgment I hit a second gear rolling jump with one of them. Got up in the rpm and tried to go to third and nothing, a brick wall. Clutch lost all pressure and wouldn't go into gear.
I had to come to a stop and press it a bunch and pressure slowly returned.
Got it into 4th and could get it rolling to turn left to try and go home. It went into first and started rolling after the light turned and when I went from first to second it had no movement. Engine revs but car won't move.
Decided to pull it over, and eventually found that if I just leave it in gear the car won't stall.
I can move the shifter between gears without pressing the clutch when it's stopped and running.

Luckily some dude came by asking for 5$ and I paid him to push me in his car back to my neighborhood.

once I got back I let it sit and cool down, and went back out and it still won't move when put into gear. There was no mechanical clinking or grinding during this push home in neutral.
When I go from gear to gear I can hear it moving in the tranny. Sounds normal, I have an assumption the clutch is shot. But I'd like to hear from others here.

I was planning to replace the slave, master, clutch, flywheel, pressure plate and throw out bearing to just do a lot at once since I might need to drop the tranny anyway. Might as well take advantage of the whole thing.

Sent from my iPhone