Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Throttle cut out please help

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2017, 11:24 PM
Miguel Restrepo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throttle cut out please help

i have a 03 z and recently my throttle is being cut out when i press it half way but only in gear while driving, if i press the clutch or put it in neutral it revs just fine and it started a few weeks ago but only when it rained, then all the time until i align the car but after a few days it started to happen again...
when ingot the car i put a scanner and showed that my abs speed sensor for the rear right tire was broken then it showed (a few weeks bf the problem started) showed that my camshaft position sensor was broken too, i spoked with a "sensor guy" and he told me that the abs sensor was the problem but that was broken since i purchase the car so i really dont know what to do. Also sometime the abs trct control and slip lights come on but the problem still happens when those lights are turned off. I have my first drifting event on wednesday and i dont know if i can make it (it is the fisrt drift event in my country so it is a big deal)
Old 09-01-2017, 09:44 AM
zakmartin

Received 512 Likes on 377 Posts

You might want to think about fixing the brake issue before you take the car drifting.

How many miles are on the car? Ever do any general maintenance on it? Plugs? Injector cleaning? Basic diagnostics?
Old 09-02-2017, 01:29 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,284 Likes on 1,646 Posts

Did you replace the cam sensor yet ?
Old 09-03-2017, 12:27 AM
Miguel Restrepo

Originally Posted by zakmartin
You might want to think about fixing the brake issue before you take the car drifting.

How many miles are on the car? Ever do any general maintenance on it? Plugs? Injector cleaning? Basic diagnostics?
125000km and yes i checked the plugs all good, every 2 or 3 thousand km i change my oil and my oil filter with amsoil and k&n, checked coils but i haven't check the injectors
Old 09-03-2017, 12:29 AM
Miguel Restrepo

I crash pretty good yesterday so i won't be thinking about fixing that problem soon... but thank you for your response