Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Motor still cuts on me

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2017, 04:31 PM
Alan Sanchez

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Motor still cuts on me

I've posted this problem before on here. When I drive my car and let off the gas at a decent or low rpm (3/4000). My engine would die on me. I haven't driven my car in almost 2 months and I'd get a solid 5 mins of run time before it happens again (I only take it out every Sunday to help keep things working). If I let it sit awhile it runs it's fine but sometimes after its all warmed up, I press the clutch and it dies. I got the valve cover gaskets replaced a few days before I stopped driving it. Because i had coolant and metal shaving in my oil. I've had a neighbor say I might have a crack in my block. My brother in law says i might have a warped head. I want to take the car to a shop to check evrything out, but not to many mechanics deal with rotary engines we're I live. Dont want to take it to a dealer they might charge me an arm and a leg lol, or take it to Houston, Texas, since I might have better luck finding a mechanic who knows what he's doing but I live about 1- 1 1/2 hrs away. I also thought about just rebuilding the engine and transmission( I don't have 3rd gear) or swap them .If any of you had this problem what would you do? Or what have you done to get it fixed?
Old 09-25-2017, 05:09 PM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,290 Likes on 894 Posts

Originally Posted by Alan Sanchez
I've posted this problem before on here. When I drive my car and let off the gas at a decent or low rpm (3/4000). My engine would die on me. I haven't driven my car in almost 2 months and I'd get a solid 5 mins of run time before it happens again (I only take it out every Sunday to help keep things working). If I let it sit awhile it runs it's fine but sometimes after its all warmed up, I press the clutch and it dies. I got the valve cover gaskets replaced a few days before I stopped driving it. Because i had coolant and metal shaving in my oil. I've had a neighbor say I might have a crack in my block. My brother in law says i might have a warped head. I want to take the car to a shop to check evrything out, but not to many mechanics deal with rotary engines we're I live. Dont want to take it to a dealer they might charge me an arm and a leg lol, or take it to Houston, Texas, since I might have better luck finding a mechanic who knows what he's doing but I live about 1- 1 1/2 hrs away. I also thought about just rebuilding the engine and transmission( I don't have 3rd gear) or swap them .If any of you had this problem what would you do? Or what have you done to get it fixed?
Dude, I sincerely hope you don't think your Z has a rotary engine! As for what to do, your other post indicated the last scan indicates there's a laundry list of engine codes and big problems with this Z. Before any of us can give an educated guess, you should start by giving some basic information:

-What year and model Z do you own?
-How many miles on it?
-How long have you owned it and any service or maintenance history?
-What kind of mods are on it? Any that could explain some of the issues?
-What kind of history does your Z have?

That last question is important. The Nissan diagnostic system is designed to aid troubleshooting, but to have such a lengthy list means something(s) are wrong with this car. Most of us deal with one or two codes and that leads to a specific diagnostic tree and eventual solution. But the sheer number of codes makes me suspect your car was salvage or something is seriously wrong with the engine. You're clearly in over your head with this car and need some serious help.