Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

If you bought a 1st gen rogue short shifter...beware!

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2004, 03:25 PM
daking350
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by vics350
Wow, this has been an interesting thread to read. I don't wish to take sides on this matter but I do have some comments.

I'm in the cutting tool distribution business and represent many manufacturers. If I sell a product to a customer and it's defective, I take full responsibily and return the product myself to the manufacturer and would give my customer a new one, period, end of discussion.

Now, if the item was large I would ask my customer if they wouldn't mind shipping it back to the manufacturer and I would cover their freight expense. I would still handle the communication with the manufacturer and would never think of asking my customer to call them direct. This is how our business works. If we didn't offer this type of customer service, manufacturers wouldn't need distributors and they could all sell direct to endusers.

Having said this, dwnshift did offer to help resolve the matter. I just don't think he went the extra mile that KJY9 expected and I don't blame him for being upset about this.

I'm also surprised at dwnshift's comments about KJY9 taking his business elsewhere. Once in a while I'll run into a situation with an angry customer and a defective product but I make damn sure I take care of the situation immediately because I sold it and, even though I wasn't the manufacturer, my name is still attached to it and I will not allow my name to be tarnished. Also, my business grows because of repeat business and that would only happen if you have happy customers. I know you can't please everyone but you can do your best to do so and I don't think the best effort was put forth in this case.

Hopefully, this matter will get resolved amicably soon.
This is EXACTLY what I have been saying all along..BAD BJ!!!
Old 02-28-2004, 03:28 PM
2003z

I just don't see what the problem is. As they have done in the past, Rogue will ship him a new one and send him a prepaid label for the broken one. Why not just take them up on it?
Old 02-28-2004, 03:51 PM
daking350
Banned

Originally posted by 2003z
I just don't see what the problem is. As they have done in the past, Rogue will ship him a new one and send him a prepaid label for the broken one. Why not just take them up on it?
Thats NOT the point...If you bought an item here from a vendor you would expect some type of CUSTOMER service above and beyond them just saying"SEND IT BACK TO THE PEOPLE WHO MAKE IT"..Some people are content with BJ's approach to dealing with this,I personally would not be..What is the point of paying extra money by purchasing the shifter through a middle man?Why not just go directly to RE in the FIRST place,because you cant,they wont sell it to you..Therefore I would expect the middle man to honor and stand behind what he sells wouldnt you??
I personally think all of you supporting BJ are jerkoffs!!and ?I seriously hope you get screwed by a vendor like myself and KY9 just to see you all change your tune and see how it feels!!
Old 02-28-2004, 03:55 PM
apsilon

Originally posted by jak
No no no, BJ takes care of the whole thing. Sets up the return and delivery on his dime. BJ then deals with RE on his own time. Thats how GOOD customer service works.

Jeff
Taken from 350EVO TOS:
"WARRANTY: No warranty whatsoever will be valid if the defect was caused by customers abuse, misuse, negligence, or mishandling. All merchandise sold by 350Evo.com is only subject to manufacturers warranty and conditions, if any, and is subject to submission to the manufacturer for inspection and approval for repair or replacement of merchandise. Customers, however, will be responsible for all shipping and handling fees. No labor or inconvenience may be included in any warranty claims."

By placing an order you state you have read and agree to this. You can't just change your mind later. I'm sure BJ would agree to the procedure I posted earlier as an act of good faith but he certainly shouldn't end up out of pocket for it.

Last edited by apsilon; 02-28-2004 at 03:58 PM.
Old 02-28-2004, 04:13 PM
2003z

Originally posted by daking350
Why not just go directly to RE in the FIRST place,because you cant,they wont sell it to you..I seriously hope you get screwed by a vendor like myself and KY9 just to see you all change your tune and see how it feels!!
Gee, thanks for the kind thoughts! Anyway, several other people have mentioned, in this thread, that they bought directly fromt the manufacturer, and I have been screwed by a vendor, and believe me, this is no screwing.

Anyways, I got no dog in this fight, don't bother replying because I won't be viewing this thread again.

p.s. the pulley you sold me was crap and I hope you crash your car.
Old 02-28-2004, 04:19 PM
daking350
Banned

Gee, thanks for the kind thoughts! Anyway, several other people have mentioned, in this thread, that they bought directly fromt the manufacturer, and I have been screwed by a vendor, and believe me, this is no screwing.

Anyways, I got no dog in this fight, don't bother replying because I won't be viewing this thread again.

How the hell was the pulley I sold you crap??
Old 02-28-2004, 04:51 PM
jmark

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

2003Z,

Send the pulley back to Daking350. He'll make it good!
Old 02-28-2004, 05:02 PM
daking350
Banned

Originally posted by jmark
2003Z,

Send the pulley back to Daking350. He'll make it good!
I am not a vendor....There fore I have NO customer service..he bought a USED pulley for a USED price and there is NOTHING wrong with it,He is just being an ***...
Old 02-28-2004, 06:19 PM
KJY9

Originally posted by vics350
Wow, this has been an interesting thread to read. I don't wish to take sides on this matter but I do have some comments.

I'm in the cutting tool distribution business and represent many manufacturers. If I sell a product to a customer and it's defective, I take full responsibily and return the product myself to the manufacturer and would give my customer a new one, period, end of discussion.

Now, if the item was large I would ask my customer if they wouldn't mind shipping it back to the manufacturer and I would cover their freight expense. I would still handle the communication with the manufacturer and would never think of asking my customer to call them direct. This is how our business works. If we didn't offer this type of customer service, manufacturers wouldn't need distributors and they could all sell direct to endusers.

Having said this, dwnshift did offer to help resolve the matter. I just don't think he went the extra mile that KJY9 expected and I don't blame him for being upset about this.

I'm also surprised at dwnshift's comments about KJY9 taking his business elsewhere. Once in a while I'll run into a situation with an angry customer and a defective product but I make damn sure I take care of the situation immediately because I sold it and, even though I wasn't the manufacturer, my name is still attached to it and I will not allow my name to be tarnished. Also, my business grows because of repeat business and that would only happen if you have happy customers. I know you can't please everyone but you can do your best to do so and I don't think the best effort was put forth in this case.

Hopefully, this matter will get resolved amicably soon.
Same here...why don't you get into 350Z parts distributing.....very few businesses online can even begin to comprehend the term "customer service".

As for hfm...you keep saying last post, but ignorance continues to spew forth from your fingers.
I can't wait for the meet in Cal this summer....we're going to have some kind of FUN!
Old 02-29-2004, 02:03 PM
rouxeny

"I personally think all of you supporting BJ are jerkoffs!!and ?I seriously hope you get screwed by a vendor like myself and KY9 just to see you all change your tune and see how it feels!!"

Thanks for that mature statement.
Old 02-29-2004, 02:18 PM
crazed350z

WOW!
I just picked up my Z a couple of weeks ago and have been reading these forums for about a month before joining.
I'm currently looking to go FI, suspension, brakes, tires/wheels, etc.
I can say one thing for sure.
I won't buy anything from someone known to have treated a customer like this.
My money is far too valuable to be pissing it away on vendors that just walk away after they have your money.
Thanks for the heads-up KJY9!
BTW KJY9, I noticed you were from Fayetteville. Do you ever get to LR? I'd like to see your ride and discuss some things with you.
PM me when you get a chance.

Last edited by crazed350z; 02-29-2004 at 02:21 PM.
Old 02-29-2004, 02:37 PM
daking350
Banned

Originally posted by rouxeny
"I personally think all of you supporting BJ are jerkoffs!!and ?I seriously hope you get screwed by a vendor like myself and KY9 just to see you all change your tune and see how it feels!!"

Thanks for that mature statement.
Blow me..
Old 02-29-2004, 02:51 PM
KJY9

Originally posted by crazed350z
WOW!
I just picked up my Z a couple of weeks ago and have been reading these forums for about a month before joining.
I'm currently looking to go FI, suspension, brakes, tires/wheels, etc.
I can say one thing for sure.
I won't buy anything from someone known to have treated a customer like this.
My money is far too valuable to be pissing it away on vendors that just walk away after they have your money.
Thanks for the heads-up KJY9!
BTW KJY9, I noticed you were from Fayetteville. Do you ever get to LR? I'd like to see your ride and discuss some things with you.
PM me when you get a chance.
As a matter of fact I was just there Fri. night and left Sat. morning. Spent last night in Russellville hoping to race in Centerville today, but the rain got us. I'll PM you my phone number. Give me a call and I'll give you the skinny on the reputable vendors on the site so you don't make the same mistakes some of us have.
I'll be back in LR next Friday, so give me a call before then
Old 02-29-2004, 04:24 PM
jmark

Can't figure that out either. I guess he doesn't want the freakin problem fixed. He'd rather whine and complain. Unbelievable...............Some people.
Old 02-29-2004, 05:09 PM
KJY9

Can't figure that out either. I guess he doesn't want the freakin problem fixed. He'd rather whine and complain. Unbelievable...............Some people.
And some people just miss the point entirely.
If something in your car messes up do you want the dealer referring you back to Nissan Motor Corp. to get your problem fixed??
If I wanted Rogue to take care of the problem, I'd have bought it directly from them.
BJ has made it perfectly clear. If they don't make the product, he's not going to take care of it if it's a bad or defective product.
If you think this is good customer service, then GREAT, you can buy from people like this until something goes bad, then let's see just how quickly you change your tune.
It's not whining, nor complaining, merely stating facts, which were made perfectly clear by BJ
Old 02-29-2004, 06:40 PM
jmark

Who cares which one takes care of it as long as it is taken care of. Appears to me you fixed it a couple of times yourself then decided you wanted BJ to make it good afterall. Did you ever call BJ? I am sure if it was a swaybar which they actually make he would have swapped the part for you. He is already sending new improved sway bar bushings to all who bought from him without even being asked. I have a feeling he would have probably swapped the part for you hadn't acted like such an a--!
Old 02-29-2004, 07:13 PM
KJY9

Who cares which one takes care of it as long as it is taken care of. Appears to me you fixed it a couple of times yourself then decided you wanted BJ to make it good afterall. Did you ever call BJ? I am sure if it was a swaybar which they actually make he would have swapped the part for you. He is already sending new improved sway bar bushings to all who bought from him without even being asked. I have a feeling he would have probably swapped the part for you hadn't acted like such an a--!
I'm so glad you've taken up the flame for a disreputable vender, but this begs a question.
Do you even know how to read??
Read his response to me via Email (beginning of this thread) regarding the defective shifter; it was to send it back to Rogue, not send it back to him and he'll take care of it. In other words, he wanted nothing to do with it.
Read, it will save you many such ignorant posts
Old 02-29-2004, 07:19 PM
infidsg35

WOW this is insane!! Thanx for the heads up!!! I was going to order about 1500$ worth of stuff in the next few weeks but now I got second thoughts. When I see a person not standing by there product it reminds me of a lil shop that is run out of someones basement that they dont have time for custumers.. Not very professional.. I know if I told my clients to go to Cisco, HP, or any other vender and dont bother me I wouldnt have much of a business. Sorry for ranting but i'v gotten better support from people on EBAY!!!
Old 02-29-2004, 07:23 PM
jmark

I read fine. Its you who makes no sense. I read your responses and they make it sound like BJ tried to help you but you refused his help. Its your way or the highway. If a brand new shifter had arrived from RE would you have refused it? I guess you would have cause 350Evo wasn't written on the box. Oh well I guess you got what you wanted. Your own special thread. Good for you. You are beyond help. Go badger some other board.
Old 02-29-2004, 07:26 PM
stopgo

I still don't understand...

It sounds like there was a positive vendor/customer relationship going on here insomuch as you brought up a problem that might have otherwise gone unnoticed by the manufacturer for longer. I suspect that BJ really thought he was doing you a favor by referring you directly to the manufacturer for several reasons: first, it cuts out the middle-man thus improving turnaround time (i.e. you get your shifter more quickly). Second, it allows Rogue to get their hands on your defective shifter ASAP so they can look at it and help determine which parts of the manufacturing process are broken. Third, you're guaranteed the most recent iteration of the product with (hopefully) all of the manufacturing bugs worked out of it. (and then there's the possibility that Rogue required their vendors to refer buyers of this defective product directly back to Rogue for legal reasons and product liability issues ... etc... blah... blah... ad infinitum)

Add to that list the simple fact that BJ's last conversation with you prior to your e-mail in February was *IN DECEMBER*, at which time he had to *RETURN HIS ENTIRE STOCK* of said shifters back to Rogue so that they could replace them. He had nothing in the warehouse to replace your shifter with then (I don't know what magical powers you believe BJ to posses, but I'm certain that pulling stock out of his *** is an unreasonable expectation) , and you had already indicated to him that you had "fixed it yourself," implying that you were sufficiently satisfied with the transaction. So you're surprised that after two months of not hearing from you, B.J. doesn't jump rightthisveryminute to get you a replacement via FedEx Two-Months-Ago Priority Shipping? Puh-leeze!

Caveat emptor and all that. But you got this one just plain wrong.

Scott

Quick Reply: If you bought a 1st gen rogue short shifter...beware!