Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

**Is it safe to "Techosquare" ??**

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2004, 02:48 AM
Sz28r

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default **Is it safe to "Techosquare" ??**

I've wanted to do the techosquare reflash but kinda afraid of the negatives I've read (running lean, etc) - - my Z is a daily driver so I don't want any hassles, just a faster Z

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Steve
Old 03-18-2004, 03:48 AM
VandyZ

Mine is definitely not running lean! I have just got another one back yesterday and will probably put it in tomorrow to test it out. Improvements have been made . . . but for your mods I would wait till you need some tweaks made before going ECU . . .unless you are done modding
Old 03-18-2004, 08:52 AM
Sz28r

How noticable would the technosquare ecu upgrade be with just my Nismo exhaust and k&n drop in?? I'd appreciate the bump in the rev limiter for sure, it just kicks in a bit early for me as it is now. As far a future mods I'm not sure, as I mentioned it's my daily driver, it's loud enough with the Nismo exhaust, although I hear high flow cats really wake it up, I don't want it any louder.

???
Steve
Old 03-18-2004, 06:35 PM
dwnshift

It is completly safe. They have really done there homework /research/development.
They are way ahead of any of the other ECU developers.
My 2 cents.
We ran with a TechnoSquare ECU all last year in our race car.
Race tested Endurance proven!
Old 03-18-2004, 06:49 PM
islandsnow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually, people were running lean without the TS ECU with stuff like high flow cats, (check Cheston's post about that) but with just intake and exhaust you might not need it quite yet but it wouldn't hurt. You might want to do a search for all the dyno runs, i'm sure some have the same setup as you do with the TS ECU. Then you can decide if it's worth it now for you. I have it in my car and it runs great, and the version i have will work with new cams too so i won't have to reflash for that, plus its sort of fun having a higher redline.
Old 03-18-2004, 07:10 PM
infidsg35

For all you guys that got the Technosquare what are they doing now? Iv read ALL the threads months ago when it first came out but what are they doing now?

I know they bump you rev limit and take off top speed GOV. and mess with timing. But what are they doing now to make our Z/Gs better?

See my sig for my mods plus add the Nismo exhaust, what can they do for me. Would I need a dyno with a A/F and need to e-mail them or fax it to them so they can see if im running lean with my mods and work with the fuel maps.

Thanx guys..
Old 03-19-2004, 02:44 AM
Sz28r

I'm very encouraged - - I've read alot about TS but hearing from actual owners of the upgrade is great.

Thanks,
Steve
Old 03-19-2004, 03:42 AM
SungNamZ

I have done some mods and it appears I am running "lean" if you look at the dyno results. All this happening as a result of increasing air flow exhaust, plenum and as of yesterday cats. In discussions with TS the problem we are having is making adjustments for the 5000 elevation I am at. How many time does the ECU have to be returned to TS for changes. Even driving to CA doesn't resolve the problem. Might have problems on the return to NM. NO simple solution.
Old 03-19-2004, 04:21 AM
VandyZ

Well they are working with us to get a very close tune for plenum, headers, cats, etc . . .like I said before we will probably put it on a stock car and see what that does. If that works then you can probably get the ECU before, after, or during your mod changes.
Old 03-19-2004, 04:28 AM
SungNamZ

Thoroughly convinced that the TS ECU works. They as I am concerned about elevation differences (i.e. CA at Sea Level Vs Albuquerque, NM at 5000 - 12,000 ft.) How many times does it go in, come out and get returned to CA for adjustments.? That is my only concern!
Old 03-19-2004, 04:40 AM
VandyZ

With your mods you will probably be ok with the flash we are working on . . .it should be done soon. It could be done now we got another ecu back the other day, but have not had time to test.

You don’t really have to dyno tune each car . . .thats only if you have special needs or special requests. But needless to say, you can have it done if you want.
Old 03-19-2004, 05:04 AM
wakaZ

Originally posted by SungNamZ
Thoroughly convinced that the TS ECU works. They as I am concerned about elevation differences (i.e. CA at Sea Level Vs Albuquerque, NM at 5000 - 12,000 ft.) How many times does it go in, come out and get returned to CA for adjustments.? That is my only concern!
Hey, what about us guys here in Hawaii?
Old 03-19-2004, 07:15 AM
islandsnow

Hey Waka,

you drive up mauna kea or something?? HNL is too close to sea level to worry about elevation problems, and yes tantalus doesn't count as high elevation .
Old 03-19-2004, 07:21 AM
islandsnow

hey infidsg35,

all i know now is that in my current TS flash, it handles cams, that's the only thing new to my version that i know of. Everything else is pretty much what they tell you on their webpage, but it's been running really good. If you keep your car NA, i think it's worth it. After you get it, give it about 2-3 days for the ECU to recalibrate itself. It runs a bit rough in the beginning and then it starts running really good again. The bad thing is gas prices are going up and i'm lead footing more now .
Old 03-19-2004, 05:16 PM
Infern0

Definately something that I am looking at doing in the near future. I have intake, borla td, borla headers, and pulleys....think it's worth it? What would someone need to fully benefit from the ecu?
Old 03-20-2004, 01:35 AM
12SecZ

Nothing but good to say about the flash ; running 12's at 9 PSI and never been lean (dyno proven), saved my new engine that the other loser blew, what more can one ask for?
Old 03-20-2004, 06:14 AM
VandyZ

Originally posted by 12SecZ
Nothing but good to say about the flash ; running 12's at 9 PSI and never been lean (dyno proven), saved my new engine that the other loser blew, what more can one ask for?
11's?
Old 03-20-2004, 11:47 AM
fdao

Originally posted by islandsnow
Hey Waka,

you drive up mauna kea or something?? HNL is too close to sea level to worry about elevation problems, and yes tantalus doesn't count as high elevation .
WERD. I am sure the TS flash works, but without Dyno tuning each individual car, you'll most likely not get the most out of this mod.
Old 03-20-2004, 12:33 PM
pimp1911

Just got back from Road Atlanta. The technosquare ecu has moved up in the priority. List. 6600 rpm is way to low. I bounced off of it several times while at the track. Just that fact that this mod can remove the governor makes it worth while.
Old 03-20-2004, 01:40 PM
dwnshift

"Just that fact that this mod can remove the governor makes it worth while."

That what we ahve been preaching all along.......for tracking its a must do. You end up hitting or shifting about 2/3 the way out of all the turns without the RPMS being bumped up.